Author Topic: Benefit's in Turkey  (Read 18367 times)

Offline queenieconnor

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2010, 23:58:01 PM »
when my partner came to Uk on a tourist visa he had to go to doctors. I asked the receptionist what the charges would be and what he would need to bring with him on the day of appointment. She looked into it and was told there would be no fee. Then when he got prescription it still only cost him £4 or £5 cant remember the exact price.  Looks like my local doctor made a mistake there

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2010, 00:19:30 AM »
I don't think I said anything insulting at all.

Your continually posting figures which other members who have more knowledge of the Turkish system are pointing out as wrong.
What I and a few others are asking is where your gleaming this information?

Offline rpg9000

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
quote:
and there are also hundreds of thousands (if not millions) on £250K plus

Highlander, on reflection that was an exaggeration for effect, probably by a factor of ten. It was based on the evidence of looking around at house prices, sportsmen's salaries, banker's bonuses etc., particularly in my part of the world. The underlying point that I was trying to make remains valid, in my view.

Apart from the above error, I stand by my figures and claims.

Anne, I try to use websites with .gov or .org in the address.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 15:11:55 PM by rpg9000 »

Offline sashbash

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2010, 20:28:34 PM »
Just like to say in reply to the winter fuel allowance part of this discussion regarding expats and them claiming this allowance, that there are also quite a few expats that have a property in Turkey and have returned to live back in England and have managed to get a council property  which to me is even worse. In fact there is a week in September that if you are in England then you are entitled to the winter fuel allowance. Its usually the 2nd week. If you then go abroad thats up to you. I had this conversation with the DHSS about 2 years ago.

Offline Bim

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2011, 08:24:38 AM »
Not sure if people are still interested in this - see link below
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/disabledpeople/financialsupport/dg_10012424
I work in the housing (housing Assocation) / benefits system - so peple do need to be careful as word does get to the DWP...  if peple require any assistance / advice pls feel free to email me.. best wishes ..

Offline Tineathers

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2011, 21:18:52 PM »
Direct gov website has loads of info-check re winter fuel payments
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretirementplanning/Benefits/BenefitsInRetirement/DG_179768

Offline corbindallas

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »
Free A&E treatment in Turkey! Where?
Why then did they ask my old neighbour for a credit card to treat his heart attack? Why did I have to pay for my visit to A&E when I needed urgent treatment and my partner on her visit and my daughter on her visit. This was at all the main hospitals here, i know 2 are private but one is goverment and same rules, Letoon, Devlet and Esnaf. I know it would have been free in the UK for anyone regardless. Yaesmin have we been conned?[?]

Offline Firo

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2011, 16:19:13 PM »
We had free emergency treatment in the Devlet but not in the Esnaf.
My understanding is that if it is an emergency then you get free treatment at the Devlet as a Turk in the UK would get free emergency treatment therefore it has to be reciprocal.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 16:19:30 PM by Firo »

Offline quackers

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2011, 15:10:54 PM »
I had free emergancy treatment at Esnaf recently when I fell and broke my wrist on a Saturday afternoon. I just paid for the temp splint 20tl. I then paid for my operation and the treatment I needed 4 days later when I went for control.

Offline bigvic

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2011, 20:32:29 PM »
It's not reciprocal at all.Last feb i suffered a heart attack(massive,apparently)Esnaf saved my life,and that i am grateful,but when it came to me leaving the hospital i wasn't allowed to until they had been paid,now i don't know anybody that walks around fethiye with 3 thousand pound in their back pocket.I had to ring angel(nil bar)who paid on her card..I seriously believe there is something not quite kosher about the whole episode..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf