Author Topic: Six Nations Championship 2013  (Read 11409 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Six Nations Championship 2013
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 17:44:18 PM »
Having missed the games yesterday I was looking forward to treat this afternoon. I certainly got one. What a fabulous game. Real quality football by the Italians. Well done Parisse and his boys.

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 15:13:47 PM »
Agree 100% Colwyn !, that's what the 6 Nations is ALL about ! what a game of rugby and when all is said and done a very entertaining first week end and the salivating will continue throughout the week until next week ends battles commence   :); hope the wedding went off without too much "ribbing" from our Celtic cousins   ;)  :)

Offline jondo

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 18:38:13 PM »
Italy outstanding ...or....should it be Argentina? Parisse brought up in Argentina, Orquero & Castrogiovanni born there! Orquero did it for me. Without his spark it may have been very different and he was described by Jeremy Guscott as a 'Journeyman' ! Well, his time has come even if he is an old man at 30!

It's gonna be tough for the Scots - the Azurri will be riding high on confidence and...they have some of that flair we used to admire in the French! Used to....!

O'Driscoll - Irish Cream!

The Welsh are going to relish France - it's goin to be a craaacker!

Owen did ok for England! What's he got to do to convince everyone he's the man? ! England looking solid but the Irish at home on the back of that first half exhibition of how the game was designed to be played are going to be hard to craic !

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »
Well the second week end of the Championship is "just around the corner" with; Saturday 9th Feb. Scotland v Italy (14.30) ; France v Wales (17.00); Sunday 10th Feb. Ireland v England (15.00).

Mouthwatering prospects for these fixtures, Scotland "the brave" showing lots of character and determination against a very strong England last week end with their first home game against a tremendously inspired Azzuri after their incredible home win against France, surely now a force to be reckoned with !; France will be "fired up" after their poor performance against Italy last week, (ah ! that infamous French temperamental way !), Wales looking to up their game after a diabolical first half performance, let's hope they can play like they did in the final 30 mins from the kick off this week   ;)  :); Ireland, always passionate and strong, particularly with home support behind them, though it's early day's, but England must now look favourites with a very powerful squad, I think this fixture could be their toughest obstacle !.

Al in all, can't wait, good luck all !, and "let's get ready to rumble !!!"   :)  :)  :) 

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2013, 13:52:22 PM »
Here's a statistic to raise the eyebrow. Brian O'Driscoll has not lost an international game against England since 2003!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2013, 13:58:45 PM »
A great servant to his country Colwyn and a great rugby player.

I think the Scotland v Italy game could be a classic especially if Scotland can cut down on the penatlies against count.

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2013, 14:29:23 PM »
A great servant to his country Colwyn and a great rugby player.

I think the Scotland v Italy game could be a classic especially if Scotland can cut down on the penatlies against count.

Agreed H should be a great game after last weeks performances, good luck !

I think O'Driscoll and Ireland are going to be England's toughest challenge of the tournament !

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2013, 16:13:11 PM »
A great all round performance from the whole team and a fabulous win.

(Despite the new strip :-[ :-[ :-[)

Hope Gérard Depardieu is happy.  ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2013, 16:41:24 PM »
Very well deserved victory for the Scots but I felt a little sorry for the Italians; everything they tried went wrong because of tiny errors, and this twice let their opponents in for a try. Worried about what's coming next though. Especially since Hilary has declared, with confidence, "I think Wales will win".

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 16:57:27 PM »
34 - 10, Great result for Scotland, it's great to see them finding the try line again !!, and I like the strip H !   :), what a difference a week makes in International Rugby !, Orquera amazing last week, this week terrible even the talisman Perisse making mistakes, gutsy performances from Favara and Masi, Scotland players did well agree with Laidlaw for MOM also Hogg and Harley did well, but for me the unsung hero is Scot Johnson (coach), obviously making a difference !!   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf