Author Topic: White Christmas?  (Read 1322 times)

Offline micky mouse

White Christmas?
« on: December 16, 2009, 14:35:21 PM »
Snowing heavy in the south east at present minus tempretures tonight,and of all the days for this to happen my boilers packed up.The first xmas not in turkey for the last few years,wished i was there now.Convectors on christmas in the conseratory the warmest place in the house right now.Of course no chace of getting a plumber untill the new year,oh well get the brandy bottle out.

Offline nuttybird

White Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 14:49:29 PM »
Im currently looking out my office window in the city of london, at the blizzard that is forming woo hoo! I love the snow, im guessing my trains will be delayed tonight though, any excuse for them! ;-)x

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
White Christmas?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:54:27 AM »
I suppose I would love snow too if I lived in London and did not see much of it, had a train service, a tube and regular buses, however, I live in Scotland in an area with no trains, no tubes and a bus every hour(if it turns up) I am 1/3 of a mile up a farm lane and if it snows and the road blocks my husband has to get out with a skidsteer and clear it so we can drive our cars down the road. A few years ago it snowed and as we where going to Amsterdam the next day my husband spent 5 hours clearing our road, the next morning the wind had covered the road over again in 5 foot drifts and we did not get our break in Amsterdam,  so please, please, keep  the snow in London  :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 08:55:43 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline tiddly winks

White Christmas?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 10:58:11 AM »
Yeahh boi!!! Just woke up to the stuff this morning!!!

:D:D:D

Offline arrian

White Christmas?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 07:04:14 AM »
-7 here in bolton lancs, the bit of snow we had on thursday evening is glistening away and looks lovely.
why does everywhere come to a standstill when there's a bit of bad weather? why don't we use snowchains over here and make life easier?[?]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf