Author Topic: Europe  (Read 12182 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Europe
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2016, 02:29:41 AM »
So Scotland would vote to leave the UK so they could vote to be ruled by Europe?

Could they actually afford to do so with the current price of oil?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2016, 09:12:49 AM »
My choice is purely my own Colwyn, CBF has no influence. I think it's a tad patronising to think our views would be based on anyone one person on CBF.
No, no, I didn't mean that at all. I was merely saying that the CBF poll diverges considerably from the UK polls. I don't suggest that membership of CBF would effect the way people voted - that would be silly. We can't even say that the poll represents the views of CBF members as a whole. Perhaps those who are likely to take part in a poll have different opinions from those who ignore it or chose not to take part.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2016, 08:10:48 AM »
Crystal ball time, Donnie in the White House, UK out of EU and Scotand independent, win win I say. Of course Scotland would need to apply to join EU and is not an auto shoe in. Strange times we live in

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2016, 14:46:35 PM »
Donnie in the White House, UK out of EU and Scotand independent, win win I say.
You have a most peculiar sense of humour.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2016, 11:35:24 AM »
Nearly there watch this space. Our little friend in the high heels already promoting another leave uk for Scotland, good luck to her and all those who want that out come.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2016, 21:20:24 PM »
Eck,(Alex Salmond) has said this evening that Scotland could take the U.K's place in the E.U.
Eck has spoken.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2016, 23:10:50 PM »
Eck is a bigger bum than ten ar$es

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2016, 10:13:27 AM »
And who will fund Scotland. As Wales already asking for Barnet formula to be looked at. With no let up in the Saudia Arabia reducing the pumping of oil and America with plenty of shale gas. I don't see a dramatic increase in North Sea oil prices for some years. I don't think Scotland would be able to afford it, as a high percentage of workers in Scotland work for central government, if they leave those will move south perhaps to the northern counties of England or perhaps to Wales. With a new currentcy/ tax / army etc to sort out. I say go for it, or as our cousins across the pond would say " suck it up".also worth considering would be a new labour leader, if only the unions hadn't spiked David millibands gun, and the £3 pound members hadn't elected a commie. Interesting times

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2016, 12:39:56 PM »
I wonder what kind Europe they would be joining?

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2016, 10:53:26 AM »
The pressure on the euro burocrates will be that they need to punish the British for having the temiraty to vote out, and they need to act fast as other EU countries feel the pressure from parties who will claim" that their people should be given the same choice as GB gave its people" this will strike a cord with many from both left and right of politics. As the second largest net contributior to EU budget pulls out, who will fund all the promises made by the leaders of the net gainers in EU land, that's the real pressure on punishing us quickly. I think the media hasn't help stabilise the country and are only to willing to talk this great country of ours down.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf