Author Topic: Turkcell Dongle  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Lorraine

Turkcell Dongle
« on: April 08, 2013, 09:18:41 AM »
Hello
Plesae could any member tell me how much it is to recharge your dongle  ;), I normally buy the 10GB for 3 month pack (was 79TL last October)...or is there any better offer for the likes of me who will be in Turkey for 6 months. Many Thanks.

Offline Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet

• Newly Registered
Re: Turkcell Dongle
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 09:56:57 AM »
I, too am going to watch the replies to this one Lorraine but in the meantime, did you notice that I mentioned I hadn't received your PM?   :)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 10:53:44 AM »
You are on the best deal Lorraine if you are here for 6 months. the other package is 4 gb for 39 lira. so you are getting a month free. depending of course what you do on your computer. if you are downloading music. movies, you tube etc. it wont last long. I myself use the 3 month package, banking, e-mails, facebook, etc. the other advantage is of course is you can always get online when people who have land line connection are off for days, weeks etc because they have dug the roads up.

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:02:43 AM »
Hi Des.  I have a dongle here from a couple of years ago. I don't know how it works so will it have expired as such and I'll need to buy a new one?  Also, what does the package you're on give you in terms of hours, if in fact you know?  I won't be downloading anything. It's for keeping in touch with my children really. I can use my phone when I'm out in a wifi area. Cheers in advance for any wisdom you have....and I know that you do!!   :)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »
Hi Mrs B, The dongle you have from a couple of years ago will be no good now, as I believe if not used for a while they take you of the system and also they upgrade every now and then so they are compatible with new computers systems, I-e an old dongle might be ok for windows 98, vista but not windows 7 etc, with reference to hours usage, its  not how many hours you use, its the 4 gb you use. for example when I use mine for just e-mails banking etc, forums, it will last the full package you choose, you mentioned talking to your children, if you are using Skype that will use some of your gb too. there is of course no reason why, when you go to turcell shop you cant take your old one with you and ask if you are still registered with them if you are, you will then only need to buy a new one (maybe) and not go through the whole procedure of showing passport, parents names, next of kin etc.  price for new dongle, sim card, and 1st months 4gb usage is appox  130 lira. hope this helps, regards Des.

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
Des, Many thanks for your reply. I will be renewing with the same 10GB 3Ay package. I use my dongle for e.mialing, banking, skype, buying things and listening to the radio, and I normally get away with just the 10GB, but for the price I am really not that worried if I need to top up before my 3 months are done. The dongle is a wonderful miracle, it has changed my life - (we sail in the summer months and were continually either fretting about the weather / wind or charging round trying to find wifi). The dongle works almost everywhere - some very secluded bays with steep cliffs are the only places that we have not received full reception. I even connected to Turkcell whilst in Greece last year, Kos and Khios. Mrs B, if you do take your dongle to the Turkcell shop it may be an idea to also take your laptop (incase they need to reprogramme the vinn setting, mine did last year and they were brilliant, just did it for me), and your passport - incase you have to buy a new SIM.
Lorraine

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 13:10:21 PM »
Thank you Des. I knew I knew a man who could give all the info. I want to get all the nuisance bits out of the way in the first day or so, so all the help I've been getting, and it's a lot, is helping me tremendously! Cheers.   :)  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf