Author Topic: Locking English mobiles  (Read 13176 times)

Offline maybe

Locking English mobiles
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2006, 14:51:13 PM »
When I was over last time I took my phone to Customs in Fethiye (at the end of the harbour furthest from Calis).  They can fill out the forms there for you.  You need the receipt and your passport to prove your ownership and the authenticity of the phone.  You then take the paperwork to the phone shop in Fethiye who will try to set everything up on the computer but you will likely (in our case) have to send the papers off to Antalya (I think it was) for them to process.  It takes ages.  It's still not cleared now and we set this in motion on 13 July.  I did ask at Customs at the airport and they knew nothing, as has been said before.  I think it's a case of things moving at the usual Turkish speed.  It'll get done, I'm sure - though trying to do this without a Turkish friend would have been pretty much impossible as they didn't speak English at the customs office.  Though they were very friendly.

There seem to be several differing experiences of getting the phones registered.  I don't know which is right or if there are several ways to do it.  In which case, I don't know which is the quickest.  

B

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Locking English mobiles
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2006, 15:18:08 PM »
You can set almost any language you want through the settings / profile of the phone. You can buy all of the popular makes.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Locking English mobiles
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2006, 16:57:08 PM »
When you buy a phone in Fethiye just ask the assistant to set your phone to English. They will do everything for you. I bought a Motorola c19. Quite basic but does everything it needs to. Cost 109 TL with 100 free Kontours. Worked out at about £35 in June. Turcell shop on the main road. Anne x

Offline xxbilleigh-joxx

Locking English mobiles
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2006, 17:49:03 PM »
hi all, just wondering through all the confusion, if i go and but a phone over there with a sim card, how will i go about registering it and if i dont go over for another 12months, will it still work. dont wanna pay 100tl+ everytime i go just so i have contact out there. dont want to risk my other sim being blocked, being alone at night etc i like to have some form of contact as do my family. please help me.. im confused!!! billeigh-jo xx

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Locking English mobiles
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2006, 18:19:32 PM »
When you buy a phone in Turkey the shop will register it for you. There are forms to fill in. We didn't use our phone for about 5 months but it was working when we turned it on. If you have someone out there that you can trust then you can leave it with them and let them send one txt. msg. a month. This will keep the sim going. However we didn't bother and it still worked. Anne

Offline DavidNicholson

Locking English mobiles
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2006, 14:48:13 PM »
Does anyone know if the age of the phone has any relevance to how likely it is to be blocked.  The one I use is about 3 or 4 years old and I seem to remember reading something about it being the brand spanking new models that are being targeted.
Cheers,
Dave Nicholson.

Offline starman

Locking English mobiles
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2006, 15:17:42 PM »
any phone that isnt registered will get locked. age is irrelevant.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Locking English mobiles
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2006, 23:40:00 PM »
Anyone know where I can by a carrier pigeon in Calis that knows it way to Salisbury Plain and surounding areas?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf