Author Topic: Getting A land line in Calis/Fethiye: A Solution!  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Getting A land line in Calis/Fethiye: A Solution!
« on: November 10, 2006, 19:58:19 PM »
After literally months of trying to get a land line (after we moved house) from Turk Telecom I was ready to give up. Forms impossible to read, let alone fill in, being told that there was no spare capacity in the telecom box nearest my house, that there were no available lines in all of Fethiye - you name it, I couldn't have it!

I mentioned it to Yetkin, half an hour later we were in the Telecom Office, form filled and I WAS GIVEN MY NEW NUMBER THERE AND THEN!

Now that is just a number, being a new house there was no line, someone would have to come and connect that, and like the UK, they never come when they say!

A phone call to one guy, a meeting with another within the hour and in no time my line was installed and connected.

Yetkin spoke to a guy about installing ADSL and less than 24 hours later I was surfing the net in the wireless style!

For this service I crossed a palm or two with Liras, but not vast sums and worth every Kurus for saving the pain and frustration of being turned away from Telecom's office for whatever reason they could dream up.

Today we met up with Gary-O from CBF, he managed to get a number but two days last week and two days this week he has sat at home awaiting the promised engineer, who on all four occassions never showed up.

Another Yetkin call, and 20 minutes later a man appeared, left with Gary and confirmed that Gary will be on the old blower tomorrow! ADSL will follow a day or two after.

Credit where credit is due, Yetkin is of course my friend but he does this all the time for all his real estate customers, and boy does he know who to call to sort it out. He does it to help and doesn't want a 'backhander'!

I asked him if he could help CBF members who are suffering all the red tape and got a typical Yetkin "Why Not"  :)

So contact him via his CBF profile if you think you need assistance.

Scunner

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 20:36:42 PM »
God help your neighbour when they get their phone bill   ;o)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 20:59:54 PM »
I doubt it mate, I think he's enjoying my wireless internet  ;)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 06:34:24 AM »
Also experienced a similar problem about a year ago when a Turk Telecom worker cut my telephone line in half with a mechanical digger.  Two and a half months later despite repeated visits to TT and the usual promises I was introduced to a man who knew a man and it was sorted in a day! It seems this is the only way to win with the Turkish system.  Turkish people have exactly the same problems too. :)

Offline Dippey

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 07:20:39 AM »
quote:
He does it to help and doesn't want a 'backhander'!

Thats why I like him, he is always willing to help.[^]

I find there is to much greed sometimes, even the other day I was asked if it was true I would help someone with there resident permit for no reward (apart from a glass of wine to chill on and make a friend ;). £300 they were asked for by someone else, it really pees me off!!:-\

Dippz

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 09:17:17 AM »
There's a few of us left then  :)

Only yesterday I was speaking to a couple who retired here, and I made the very same demands. They have just got a computer, so they can use email to keep in touch with grandchildren & family as their phone bill is rather large.

I was talking about cheaper ways to keep in touch - e.g. Skype, MSN etc. and they looked really interested but also totally confused on all matters regarding installing/setting it up.

I told them I would come round and do it for them and that my rates were pretty keen - vodka & coke during my visit.

I will of course drag the job out as long as I can  ;)

There is a kind of feeling that nobody does anything unless they can make money out here, it isn't always true!

Scunner
V&C Computer Services

Offline Yetkin

• Snapper
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 11:13:41 AM »
oooh nooo Scunner i introduce that person with you and can do that to !!! agent needs to know right people so they can be useful to their property buying customers
 :) :) :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 11:14:14 AM by Yetkin »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 11:30:06 AM »
...and useful to our lovely forum members lol

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 15:08:31 PM »
Thanks to Yetkin and all others for services offered free of charge, this is what a community is all about, power to the forums....:D

Now I want my grass cut, Gordon says he is retired:D:D:D:D:(

Now Yetkin, can you do me a BIG favour.............

>

>

.>

>

>>

>>

WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS........ [:X]

Cadburys cream eggs...will always be welcome:D

Offline Yetkin

• Snapper
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 15:58:36 PM »
I will be in your garden tomorrow morning  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf