Author Topic: residency permits  (Read 3452 times)

Offline bobatheathton

residency permits
« on: January 17, 2007, 12:10:11 PM »
We have been told we need residency to bring our furniture over ,Do we both need residency or just one of us?
Can anyone tell us how much it costs and how long it takes.
Bob & Angela

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
residency permits
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »
Have a look at the other postings in this section; it's all been covered before and you should find all the info you need.

I believe you can get away with importing up to about 500kg of "personal effects" without a residency permit; but for over that weight or household goods then, generally speaking, you will need a residency permit to clear it through customs.

JF

Offline starman

residency permits
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »
The one whose name the goods are under should get the residence permit. Whats the volume? if its a small shipment under a couple of cubic meters then you may be able to clear it under personal effects.
Time for getting a residence permits depends where you apply. If you do it at your local resort it could take weeks but if you go to your provincial capital then it can get done a lot quicker.

Offline Firo

residency permits
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 14:26:58 PM »
I am applying for residence permit whilst over  for 1 week in Feb. Have found someone who will fast track it in 5 - 7 days. This means I will import our furniture in my name even though the Tapu is in both our names.
If you want contact details for the company we are using email me via profile. He can give you all the costs.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
residency permits
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 17:02:51 PM »
Anybody that tells you they can fast-track your residency permit is pulling your plonker, things don`t go that fast in Turkey (apart from your money).
If you`re only here for one week, you could find yourself without a passport when it`s time to leave.

Crabbit.

Offline Firo

residency permits
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 18:13:15 PM »
Crabbitt I'll let you know but have spoken to others who have done it and as long as I am prepared to go to Mugla it can be done. He won't get paid otherwise as its no money up front.

Offline bobatheathton

residency permits
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 18:19:27 PM »
Can you please email information see profile

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
residency permits
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 19:07:28 PM »
Do not rely too much on minimal dates. I am aware of a person who took all the paperwork to Mugla only to find the person who dealt with it was away for a few days! Yes it can be done but as Crabbit says you could end up with no passport....lose your flight and have to buy another one at a later date!  Turkish bureaucracy is never black & white. :)

Offline gordonz

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 19:31:56 PM »
really good info = thanks!

Offline bobatheathton

residency permits
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 17:13:53 PM »
firo thanks for info will give them ago ,Will let you know how we get on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf