Author Topic: Sound proofing for Hisaronu  (Read 9554 times)

Offline Sleuth

Sound proofing for Hisaronu
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 07:41:47 AM »
we avoid walking down the main road at night back to our apt... there are quiet backwaters   thankfully.. H  is now like most major cities at the week end at night, only its every night in Hisaronu unfortunately. The spread of `drag acts`  bar singers, karaoke, and elvis impersonators , and the unbearable noise level, is depressing and comparable to Blackpool or similar. Some hotels are even advertising a `full monty` night  ???? Even Olu Deniz we noticed is heading that way at night you will notice :-(

Offline Fenlander

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 07:59:42 AM »
It is such a shame because in the end it will drive the regular visiters to Hisaronu away to finf a new place like Hisaronu once was.

Offline davewalsh

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 21:18:37 PM »
I have posted elsewhere but someone obviously complained about the post midnight noise and the jandarma are on the case. All that needs to happen is for people to try and get through ( through FT, LoL etc or even by writing to the mayor) to the Istanbullus part time bar owners who are competing with each other for limited trade that they are going about it the wrong way. Hisaronu has a core of loyal returnees but the once-only rate is probably pretty bad because of peoples experiences as described in this thread. The resort is getting a make-over, some of the older hotels are closing or being re-furbed, loads of new apartments have been built (these tend to be under-occupied and occupants will make use of the fridges and cookers they provide at the expense of the bars and restaurants), new shops like the Nick-Nick centre (whatever you think of it) will mean that a lot of the dodgy shops on the periphery of the village will close (that's the ones with no prices on anything - pot luck pricing is rapidly being driven out of Hisaronu thanks to Azda) We should complain to the jandarma about restaurants pricing in sterling, all prices should be in lira, IT IS ILLEGAL TO DISPLAY NON-LIRA PRICES IN TURKEY!!

The place is looking up, it has gone through the transformation from three bars in a field through it's club 18-70 phase and could end up being a seriously good resort in a few years time (if the property developers don't get too greedy and build on every plot of space). If you like the place so much, and many of us now have skin in the game as council tax payers, lets talk the place up and engage with the Turks to give us what we want and not what they think we want!

Some things to get mad about.

How about sensible bus services from the airport?  Put an end to this monopoly of transfer services. That might get a few more people turning right at Dalaman instead of going left to Marmaris
How about designating some land in the village as green land?
Rip off Dalaman airport - nuff said
How about a limit on shops and bars ( I know, I am dreaming now)- hosts of empty shops send the wrong message
And lets get some foreign tourists in there so that the Turks aren't dependent on the Brits so much for a living

Rant over.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 21:38:06 PM »
Well  said Dave,  and I totally agree.  But a  big problem is actually the Gendarmara  themselves.  So many  local turks have always told us over the years, that many owners of the establishments that pump out the excessive noise late at night  have the  Gandarmara  `in their pockets`so to speak,  and they receive `back handers`from the owners to not take it further whenever anyone complains of the  noise level.
So its an uphill struggle I am afraid,  Turkish police are  notoriously corrupt we have heard.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 14:25:07 PM »
We love hisaronu,stayed for 3 weeks in may and dont have any problems with noise where we stay, (except that bl**dy cockrel).Some people we met didnt get a wink of sleep because the Irish bar attached to their hotel went on all night. Wouldnt have minded so much if the place was busy, as everybody has to make a living, but it was empty.

Offline caz1230_1

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 15:45:03 PM »
We love hisaronu as well, we have teenage children and 6 and 10 year olds with us,our complex is lovely and quiet, we mix eating in and eating out we have always been realy lucky with where we eat, we try and stay away from the loud music places,we might call in once in 3 weeks for a dance but that is all i can cope with,i wouldn't like it to get trashy as it is a lovely place to retreat to and the local people are great with the kids, have been coming since 04 and have seen it change i'm afraid,the boys love the free pool tables

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 17:52:24 PM »
the bar and restaurant owners can't win thirteen years ago when you couldn't buy property in turkey and everyone was a tourist everyone moaned that you couldn't get an english breakfast and the bars shut to early but who do you think they are going to cater for mr ill have half and go back to the apartment or mr lets have twenty pints and get bladderd bearing in mind that six months of the year they earn nothing. and hisaronu has always had music blaring maybe you only notice when you own something there or maybe it is just old age. and as for foreign tourists go we drove them all out

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 18:35:52 PM »
No, no, no.  The racket is increasing.  Definitely.

Yes, I can't blame the bar and restaurant owners for wanting to make as much money as possible during the holiday season.  But I object to having a meal at one of the restaurants that I love there, only to be assaulted by two or three different 'melodies' blasting at me with increasing volume as the evening goes on.  At the point in the meal where we are full, happy and fancying a nice liqueur and coffee, we get bounced out of our seats by the music coming from next door!  Sadly this had led to us vacating the place and going back to the hotel earlier than we'd have liked.

BTW, we now live here in Turkey and went back to the hotel last year to say Hi and were dismayed to find it is also tuning into bedlham, even during the day.  Isnt there anywhere a holidaymaker can just have a nice peaceful holiday anymore?

Offline enigma

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 21:51:25 PM »
We have had our place in H for 5 years now.  I hate walking down the 'Golden Mile' and agree with those who are fed up with the music blasting all around when trying to enjoy a quiet meal.  The answer, I have found, is to go there out of season.  There are still enough restaurants to visit and the staff, although we all know are always extremely friendly, have even more time for chatting.  OK, the weather isn't as great and you won't go home with a tan but you will love the peace and quiet.  Please though keep this a secret as, if it leaks out and more people go out of season, we will all end up with the same loud music as we get during the season.  
Don't get me wrong, we still go during the season but a couple of trips during the winter months helps to confirm what a great choice we made buying in H.
Marg

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 23:02:06 PM »
Hi Marg, heaven knows why you and hubby bought where you did in Hisaronu, it's been loud and brash for the last 10yrs that i know of. It's a sad thing to say that one "Hates wa;lking" in the place they live. Question begs, why did you decide to buy there?
Pete

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf