Author Topic: Sound proofing for Hisaronu  (Read 9551 times)

Offline Sleuth

Sound proofing for Hisaronu
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 08:47:03 AM »
Hi Tykatem
           I am Marg`s hubby :-)  Firstly, if you have seen (or know of ) our complex , `Karia` where we have a duplex apartment, just at the edge of Hisaronu you would realise why we bought there  5 years ago :-) Far enough away from the noise...  but close enough for all the amenities. We spend a lot of our evenings sat on our terrace at night, listening to my music, and chilling  out... lovely and quiet... no   boom  boom  from the `golden mile` :-)
For meals out in the evening, we either frequent our nearest `quiet` restaurants, or visit the lovely Kaya village or Olu deniz restaurants.The nearness of Olu Deniz, Kaya, and Fethiye is a real plus.Also as my wife mentioned,  its great  `out of season`. We have learn`t over the 5 years  how to still enjoy Hisaronu and its lovely immediate area, without experiencing the `Golden mile` with its  drag shows, elvis impersonators, hordes of drunk english girls, karaoke bars , etc....
It can be done :-)

Offline caz1230_1

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 14:45:04 PM »
Hi Sleuth
i am with you on this one we bought our place on brooklands 1 about 5 years ago and we love it, we have brought two seperate group of mates with us and they both bought villas here, we are only 3 minutes walk from the centre of H but we have never been botherd by drunks or seen any trouble, we eat in a few times a week and then we eat out all the kids love the free pool tables, we love going to oludeniz for our tea and the lovely kaya, Im sure we get the hordes of drunks but im glad to say we have never been troubled by them, and i'm sure wherever you go on holiday there is a chance that you will meet them. we are out the end of may and we can't wait.another benefit of coming out of season is extra room on the plane we were out in March and we had two seats each on the way home.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 15:17:19 PM »
I agree. We dont like the way Hisaronu has become, having been visiting the area for the past 17 years, but bought in Ovacik because like you all say, Olu deniz, Kaya and Fethiye are all within easy reach.  We love Kalkan and Kas, which have avoided getting too English like Hisaronu, but when weighing up all the options, negatives and positives, Ovacik it was, for the sheer beauty of the area, the choice of things to do anpd the proximity to Dalaman.  Kalkan and Kas,although beautiful, are just too far from Dalaman, and dont offer nearly as much to do as our area.  Also, Hisaronu does provide entertainment for the children and young teenagers!  You can have a fun night here, and like Caz1230 if you try out of season, its really quite pleasant!

Offline caz1230_1

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 15:38:43 PM »
Hi Sue mac
I realy wish we had seen hisaronu 17 years ago i bet it was a realy lovely place

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 21:00:56 PM »
oh it was . Magical. Just a couple of rural style bars, nothing fancy, lots of wildlife. donkeys roaming the roads, a handful of pensiyons, hardly any shops,a couple of restaurants on the main road and that was about it.  It has truly changed beyond recognition. Thats why we always go dwn to Kaya when we are there - it reminds us so much of the old Hisaronu.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf