Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1808 times)

Offline movielad

Hello!
« on: September 28, 2003, 19:40:50 PM »
Hi folks,

I was referred to here by Jan Cornall, and consequently you're going to have to now put up with me  ;)  Anyway, by way of a brief intro, my occupation is of a film and television visual effects systems administrator (phew!) which essentially means that I get to help manage lots and lots of computers that produce visual effects for films such as Harry Potter, Tomb Raider and Calendar Girls.

However, my main hobbies include travelling and the missus and I have recently travelled to Turkey (our first time) and stayed at Lykia World.  Despite only staying there a week, we were so extremely impressed with the resort (and Turkey for that matter despite not ever leaving LW during the whole time) that we'll definately be going back (however we want to explore other areas - and not just in Turkey).  Our experience prompted me to start my own travel site called Holiday Destinations which has some forums dedicated to Turkey and Lykia World in particular.  Early days, but it's just something I've knocked up in whatever spare minutes I've had.

The missus is a travel agent for a prestigious travel firm (I won't mention any names here) and it's been a great help so far in getting us to go to places such as Bora Bora, New Zealand, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.  We've also travelled to Orlando, New Orleans, Paris, Cologne and all sort of places since we met in 2000.  It certainly saves money being married to a travel agent  :)

Anyway, glad to see sites such as this and I'll be adding a link to it very shortly from my own site(s).

Regards,

Martyn

http://www.holidaydestinations.net
http://www.drake.org.uk

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 21:46:47 PM »
Hi Martyn

Welcome to our forums, I have had a look at yours and hope it goes well for you.

Scunner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf