Author Topic: cash machine scammers!!!!  (Read 5487 times)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
cash machine scammers!!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 11:31:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rimms

I had a similar experience when a little old lady approached me and asked if I could help check her balance. I pushed her and she fell over !

Was her name Eileen  ;)

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 11:53:47 AM »
You mean Eileen Dover, Mike, no cash machine where she was headed. Alan

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 11:56:59 AM »
Thats the one, and her Indian friend with one leg, Balance Sing.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 14:33:42 PM »
quote:
Was her name Eileen  ;)

No, Irene. She was Chinese ! :D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 14:50:46 PM by KKOB »

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 13:43:15 PM »
Heard this happened in calis over the last couple of weeks - guys in a BMW with blacked out windows managed to "help" someone and nicked his cash card.

Offline Alan Rex Barrett

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 22:13:47 PM »
Not quite a scam,but a funny thing happened to me at an ATM in Hisonoru.The man before me said,"Hope you have got a thick wallet mate".I did not take enough notice and keyed in for a few hundred YTL.To my horror,the machine only had 10YTL notes left in it! It gave me 5 notes,the rest jammed in it,that then,returned into the vault.I had to go to the local branch in Fethiye.A guard, complete with gun,found me an English speaking person.This being a Friday, i was advised to return on the Monday,but to contact my bank as soon as possible.One internet cafe later,i had contacted my branch giving as much detail as possible.I returned to the bank in Fethiye on the Monday,but no operative had been out to the ATM by then.Anyway,after reporting all the details to my home branch on arriving home,i was fully refunded 17 days after the actual misfortune.I think that was a fantastic responce,and wonder if it would have been as quick in other countries.

Offline doll

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 07:18:18 AM »
well done but how many more people must have done the same
was the atm put out of use?

Offline Alan Rex Barrett

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 00:33:40 AM »
Thanks for your reply,doll,when it happened to me,i first of all put my card back in and just took out another 10 ytl.I got this without any  problem and this settled my mind that the next person after me would not get any of my lost money.I went to a nearby change office,leaving my wife to warn others of the possibility of not getting the full amount of notes they required.The man in the cash office rang the Deniz Bank and passed on my predicament.I returned to the ATM,with the man,who tried in vain to find a way to retrieve the money,or even get a receipt.My wife and i warned a few more people about the ATM,but then thought it best to get to the main branch in Fethiye.We did not use it again,and must have walked past it 4 or 5 times in the following days.It was one of a pair on the left hand side walking down hill,with the new shopping complex on your right.Two enclosed ATMs,with doors,this being the one on the right as you look at them.Regards,Alan.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 00:54:13 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Rex Barrett

walking down hill,with the new shopping complex

I`ve heard it all now,  an ATM walking downhill with the new shopping complex.  :D

Offline Alan Rex Barrett

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 00:05:49 AM »
Well spotted,Crabbit,i missed out a ,(comma).We might have walking, talking cash machines in the next few years?,sorry,we already have!-mine is the good lady,Elaine  :) :):D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf