Author Topic: Check List  (Read 10195 times)

Offline sammyjorush

Check List
« on: July 27, 2004, 15:02:39 PM »
:D Please can any one help?
I am moving to Calis next year, gonna try 6months to start as I have young children & a business...and yes eventually leave the UK for good....I havent taken this decision lightly as my children are still at school...but like many of us, we are fed up with the weather here and other circumstances encourage us to leave. :)
My request....is like many people where do you start????????
Has any one got a check listthat will give me a guide line of the right order to do things, I am a pretty organised person and have quite a bit of information(insight) but I dont want to miss anything out...
I know this will not happen over night, this is why I need help with the order of applying for things :-\
I would deeply appreciate any input from any one thats done the big move or are just starting out like me.....many Thanks
 Samantha  8)

Offline june

Check List
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 15:41:41 PM »
Hi Sammyjorush,
We too are in the same position as you and hope to be over in Turkey certainly by this time next year, so I too would be very interested to hear from sensible people that have escaped!.

Scunner, having just gone back a bit through the forums I have only just realised that you and your good lady only escaped in April of this year, I don't know why but I just assumed you had been out there in the sunny land for ages and ages, so you would be good people to ask the whys and wherefors of??.  Did you get your puppies in Turkey or take them with you?, I need advice on bringing my cats in and Teresa reckons that all cats have to go to Istanbul through customs now, she heard via Mushtaq's site - which is that? -is it reliable??,or where can I find out more..any ideas welcome, ta. LOL

Bye for now
June..........p.s. when do I get a star???

Offline sammyjorush

Check List
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 15:53:50 PM »
Thanx June for your response

Ime not sure regarding you requests reference cats...I have not decided what to do regarding my pets, my dog is 17& half and the cat is nearly 11...I think maybe a little traumatic to put them through the long journey to a new life???????? and as for the family rabbit!!!!!! has any one tried taking a rabbit to Turkey?

If I decide to leave the animals it will certainly break my heart...but I will be coming back to the uk every winter to check my house and business (make sure they are still bringing in the money, to keep me in the style which I would of become accustomed to...(LAZY ha ha)  
Obviously I shall be watching this space very closely for further replies, and hopefully together we might devise a list..who knows we may become neighbours eventually?????????????
speak soon June

Sammyjorush

Offline Linda1953

Check List
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 19:29:40 PM »
Hi Sammy & June, I am also in the same position and I don't think so far I have a checklist, so I'm just reading through the forum and noting things down that I will have to do in order to obtain my goal like a sort of portfolio of things to do, if that is any help at all lol! The more I read the less nervous I am , but I know nothing prepares you for the actual move and in my case there is only me and my cat to worry about!! :-))

I agree with the trauma of moving your pet. I don't think my cat would stand the trauma of moving to be honest as she is 10 and never leaves the house so I am  considering what is the best thing for her.

Linda

Offline 5neeky

Check List
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 13:02:00 PM »

Samantha,

'Retire Abroad' by Roger Jones ISBN 1-85703-782-0 or try http://www.howtobooks.co.uk is a good start. It has loads of useful info and will probably answer all of your general questions.

5-

Offline sammyjorush

Check List
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 14:21:45 PM »
Thanku Linda for your input, like you my portfolio is growing by the day of different information and useful tips...I know the feeling of what to do the best for your cat..what ever I decide to do its gonna have a knock on affect all round especially with my children....
Good luck Linda, obviously with others throwing in some input like june, also 5sneeky recommended a book, so I might look in the library for that...I will let you know how I get on and if its worth buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samantha :D

Offline Linda1953

Check List
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 19:03:57 PM »
Great Sam - yes I have learned quite a bit now by asking as many questions as I can think of and reading through what others write.  

I wonder if it would be useful collating all things related to different topics in some sort of order on the site - but I guess that might be too time consuming.

As for the cat I just don't know what to do with her.  She is actually my childrens cat but as usual - you get stuck with them when they go.

Let me know if you get that book!

Linda

Offline sammyjorush

Check List
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 19:47:11 PM »
Hi Linda :D

Thanx for that, yeah building our own list for others will be a good idea....maybe it will be time consuming but if I can help others by lowering their stress levels I may give it a bash.....but do a short version...

Its never easy making that decision regarding the cat....

When are you thinking of moving?   and will it be Calis?

I cant wait.... I eat, sleep, think, dream of Calis....[8)]

speak soon....

Samantha

Offline Linda1953

Check List
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 21:05:21 PM »
I don't know. At the moment there are problems selling the homestead and I don't know if I will end up in Calis or not I'll have to see - but the way things are going the whole forum is going to be there if they are not there already lol!

Linda

Offline sammyjorush

Check List
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 21:55:58 PM »
Just what I was thinking....

When ime over in Sept I shall be listening to everybody trying to catch thier names to see if they are from the forum.... I think that gives me an idea for another topic......

At least if the forum are all there it beats trying to make idle chit chat......after all this forum is going to be a great help for  me with the odd dilemma ime forced to face over the next few months....

who knows when the time is right all my friends will be here to help me load this end.....and maybe the forum might like to help un load the other end ha ha

samantha:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf