Author Topic: Early season closures.  (Read 5906 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Early season closures.
« on: September 29, 2008, 19:25:15 PM »
Was talking to one of the barmen last week and he seems to think that a lot of the bars will be closing earlier this year due to trade being down. Anyone seen any evidence of this yet?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Early season closures.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 19:39:42 PM »
We also heard that some places would be closing early. Mid-October in Hisaronu and after the Air Games in Oludeniz.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Early season closures.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 22:21:21 PM »
 :)Wonder if its because they are not so busy, or weather related, a few years ago they all stayed open into November,[^]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Early season closures.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:46:47 AM »
14 posts deleted

Right OK, here is what we shall do. From today, any rude reply will be deleted. The team will decide what is rude and what isn't. This will of course lead to accusations that we delete anything we don't agree with, members complaining that we deleted things when they were not particularly rude, and that we didn't delete posts that we didn't consider particularly rude whereas individual members did.

We are not here monitoring 100% of the time, and once a rude remark is made other members often reply to discuss the offending post. In these cases all posts relating or referring to the rude remark will also be deleted.

We are here to make sure the forum is online, people know how to use it, things are posted in the correct place and that people don't use it for blatant advertising etc.

If you want us to run it as parents then don't complain when we delete YOUR post and don't start a topic moaning about Nazi CBF moderators preventing your right to free speech.

Welcome to the new regime, it starts right now!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Early season closures.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 10:56:58 AM »
Now, any thoughts on "Early Season Closures"? :D

Offline brianthegardener

Early season closures.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:22:55 AM »
Yes, mercury, i think there are places closing early, one resaurant i know has closed and i believe one hotel has reduced its staff by around 90%.....if you ask restaurant/bars/hotel manages or owners if they think they have had a good season they say its not been as good as last year, but then that wasnt a good year either...thats the impression im getting, this is happening in the Fethiya area not just in Hisaronu.

Offline Linda

Early season closures.
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 11:49:11 AM »
Good to be finally back on topic [^]

From my experience, yes it has been a hard season with August being the only really busy month. The x rate, XL going bump and cooler weather arriving has had a big impact on Sept/Oct trade. Bars are having to light fires or pay for heating ... a lot earlier than normal and all this costs money, so I can envisage that some business' will close early. Half term is late this year - the last weeks of Oct and some business' do not consider it worthwhile to stay open for trade they may or may not materialise [?]I agree with KKOB that we will see more closures after the Olu Air Games mid October!

A restaurant opposite 4 Seasons in Ovacik, which didnt open until mid season, closed over a week ago and several hotels closed their doors early in Sept.

Offline tylerbabe

Early season closures.
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 10:10:07 AM »
I know of a couple of restaurants closed already I think it was a quiet season and prices had gone up. 8)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Early season closures.
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 15:40:52 PM »
Sekuter Hotel closes on Monday.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Early season closures.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 17:21:01 PM »
But the Seketur restaurant is going to try and stay open all winter, having quizzes and other entertainment, If enough customers make use of it.

Baz 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf