Author Topic: rainbow indian  (Read 7372 times)

Offline milliemars

rainbow indian
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 09:38:47 AM »
I have used Rainbow a couple of times this year and found that if food did not set your mouth alight,the food was very bland and all tasted the same.Would not go again.

Offline simpsons

rainbow indian
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 12:12:53 PM »
The trouble with a lot of restaurants in Hisaronu is that the "Chefs" are not properly trained in other countries cuisines. I:e Indian food, they will use curry powder and make it hotter with chilies, instead of using the proper ingredients.

Offline Strawberry

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 18:58:13 PM »
Hi Linda,

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to quote on this forum, so I've copied and pasted your last post......

Helpful Linda

Turkey
482 Posts
 Posted - 22 September 2009 :  09:12:47      
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is rather a sweeping statemwnt to make Strawberry!!!! I take you you've eaten out in all the restaurants in Hisaronu, of which their are many !!!

Yes Linda, it probably is a sweeping statement to make, and in fact I have eaten in a couple of good restaurants in Hisaronu.  Of course,  I haven't eaten in each and every one, but I've seen most of the menus - and they're all the same.  Same mezes, same T-bone steaks, same steak in pepper sauce.................all the same.

There's very little Turkish cuisine on the menus there.  It caters for tourists - and everyone knows it.  That isn't to say it's bad or wrong, but it ain't Turkish, and it's pot luck on wheteher or not you strike lucky and choose a better than average restaurant.

I've eaten in a few good ones - Oasis, Daphne's, Secret Garden, and a couple of others whose names escape me.  But for every one good restaurant there's 20 very mediocre ones in my opinion.

I understand that the Turks cater for Brits tastes, and if that's what Brits want to eat on holiday all well and good!  I enjoy a nice steak and pepper sauce occasionally, but I usually head down to Fethiye to eat real Turkish food.

The ironic thing is I get proper authentic Turkish food in Green Lanes, London than I do in Hisaronu. And it's better cooked too!

So which places would you recommend out there?

Offline Linda

rainbow indian
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 08:19:30 AM »
I am loathed to recommend restaurants because one persons idea of good is not necessarily anothers. I do agree that most menus are very similar and cater for tourists who mainly appear to want to eat familiar british food, however, that's not to say that the Turkish food on the menus isnt good either. I have had very good Turkish food in both Hisaronu and Ovacik.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 13:53:27 PM by Linda »

Offline Old Daffodil

rainbow indian
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 09:19:50 AM »
The Gar opposite the bus station in Fethiye.  :)

Offline karenr

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 07:49:17 AM »
this may be in the wrong topic...but if you like authentic food you cannot beat Dominoes......they have great food..a little more pricey but worth it!!!

Offline littlereddevil

rainbow indian
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »
We went to the indian buffet on wednesday night and it was the worst it has been in a long time. Everything was either cold,burnt or empty. It was very quiet but surely that is not an excuse not to replenish the dishes. It always seems to be good when they are busy.

Offline Vix

rainbow indian
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 10:11:08 AM »
We went on Friday as an end of season get together - normally love the place but the food was awful and the service was even worse. We ordered off the ala carte menu whilst my korma was ok the other dishes were inedible - prob due to being end of season and not busy but no excuse.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf