Author Topic: Hisaranu hits new low  (Read 10160 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 09:49:40 AM »
It is interesting that the topic has evolved into "complaints" about Calis people ribbing Hisaronu folk about their choice of base, what with the original poster being a Hisaronu person. I do think it is funny, choosing to live half way up a mountain in the Fethiye equivalent of Magaluf, but if people are happy there then I am genuinely happy for them  :)

Offline mikrik

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 09:59:45 AM »
It's good to see that every area has had a welcome increase in visitors this year and I'm sure that the local businesses who have had a few lean years are delighted. Good luck to them now that things have picked up a bit.

There is nothing that anyone here can do about which visitors come. As numbers increase so to does the number of people who may have previously have gone to other Euro zone countries and who have a different view of what makes a good holiday.

Fortunately the vast majority of visitors to Hisaronu and all the resorts are just ordinary, nice people who have saved their hard earned pennies to come here for a holiday. Maybe some of them are a bit over the top because they are excited to be here but, Hey Ho! let them get on with it.
  If the visitors don't come businesses won't survive and there won't be anywhere for those of us who spend more time here to go for our entertainment.

As previous posters have said, lets all give the area a bit of a positive image and give our Turkish friends a little bit of help with their little businesses by promoting our own areas.

But not at the expense of our neighbours!!

Offline tetmeister

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »
Exactly right scunner,and likewise if sarfend-on-sea at sea level is your bag,then obviously calis is perfect.Its a question of choice,pure and simple!!Come on everyone,lighten up!!Efes has a lot to answer for!!
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

It is interesting that the topic has evolved into "complaints" about Calis people ribbing Hisaronu folk about their choice of base, what with the original poster being a Hisaronu person. I do think it is funny, choosing to live half way up a mountain in the Fethiye equivalent of Magaluf, but if people are happy there then I am genuinely happy for them  :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 13:12:50 PM »
Scunner.Your happiness for me is much appreciated.

:) :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 13:21:26 PM »
We went to Hisaronu last year and although I know there is some wild stuff going on I didnt partake.  We managed to find nice eating places and small bars without karaoke.  Like Calis it has a mix of places to suit all tastes.  

It does have more shops though: :)

Offline Old Daffodil

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 13:36:47 PM »
There are a few places open during the winter in Hisaronu and it is possible to find something to eat. A couple of the shops are open in the winter. Even though the nights can be cold it is a very pleasant area for walking during the sunny days, providing there is no rain.

Codswallop, Shanghai Blues, Abrakadabra and Four Seasons were open last winter, sometimes only for the long weekend trade.

Offline simpsons

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 15:39:09 PM »
I have noticed that a few more bars are doing "The Full Monty". I for one think this is reaching new lows, and enough to put me of my Efes. Even the wife thinks so.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 17:39:16 PM »
 :) They cant do the full monty there, they leave their kecks on. ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf