Author Topic: New law for imprtation of house hold goods  (Read 10086 times)

Offline kizkucuk

New law for imprtation of house hold goods
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 11:06:01 AM »
They say I can do the Meis or Rhodes Day trip and go to Izmir the following day - I'm tld no storage charge it if is gone within 2 weeks of arrivel - but we'll see. Will just be gald to have my stuff back  :-)  

Offline Firo

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 13:58:32 PM »
Free storage for 2 weeks after arrival?
We arrived 3 days after it landed in Izmir and still had to pay storage charges with Soyer plus the backhanders for his kindness in getting our stuff into Turkey even though it was all legally documented. Plus the POA we didn't know about till we met Soyer.Plus the hotel we had to book so we could go back the next day as they couldn't do it all in one day [:(!]
Do you know what I found most infuriating/concerning, we never saw an official customs officer only his staff!
Final straw the official receipt we received 2 weeks later was for 800tl less than we paid him so it was a good pay day for him.
Hope yours goes through smoothly and yes we're still glad we did it but it was our first introduction to Turkish beurochracy and backhanders and was a real eye opener.
Fi

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 16:49:50 PM »
I'm sure all is not yet revealed...............I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.  Meanwhile I'll keep updating :-)

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 20:12:29 PM »
Well things are moving along nicely.  I went to Meis and back and got my exit and entrance stamp - must have chose the worst week to go as Monday and Wednesday sailings cancelled and Wednesday not until we arrived in Kas - went with Carole & Tayfun and have a voucher for a free trip to Gocek in the Summer.  Got my passport translated and my tenancy agreement notarised and set off to Izmir - arrived at 11am and got a taxi to Soyers Office.  Paperwork checked and any strange looking items described more fully for them to translate into Turkish. Then off to Port to visit Customs - paid 30 TL for them to check passport and was asked if there was anything that was taxable in load - told them I had a Hifi - and agreed the 180 euros tax - plus a charge for storage......it was 50 tl.  Went away whilst they closed for lunch - did a bit of shopping and ate something and went back at 1.30pm - was back at bus station by 3.30 and on bis back at 4.30 - a long day but no hassle and no backhanders......... my boxes are going ot be delivered on Sunday. Lot more straightforward than I though it would be :-)  

Offline Firo

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 20:40:53 PM »
That's good news let's hope it carries on that way for all.
Fi

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 10:31:20 AM »
Thanks Fi - it was almost a pleasant day - I was so surprised I'm tempted to ship a few more boxes - there are things I didn't pack that I now wish I had - not masses but too much to bring as excess baggage :-)

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 13:19:41 PM »
and the final update from me - I had a call late last week to tell me my boxes would be delivered on Sunday at about 12 noon - the arrived just after 9am - all indoors within the hour - no backhanders, no hassle, all the bubble wrap and stuff taken away - I'm a very happy Calis resident today :-)  Am happy to recommend Bonners in the UK.

Offline Shishcojackson

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 21:54:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Also work permit is no longer needed which was the case for istanbul.?

Does that mean that a person can work in turkey without a work permit.
i hope you dont mind me asking

Offline Julesp

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 22:08:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Shishcojackson

quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Also work permit is no longer needed which was the case for istanbul.?

Does that mean that a person can work in turkey without a work permit.
i hope you dont mind me asking

Tinkerman was refering to the fact that you dont have to have a work permit to import goods
No you cannot work in Turkey without a work permit

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 23:11:00 PM »
I must admit I haven't read through the whole of this topic, so apologies if my question has already been answered.

I have a small flat screened TV/DVD player that we've replaced at home, and I'd like to bring it over to Turkey to watch our dvd's on.  Am I allowed to bring it over in my case for personal use, or will it be "seized" at Dalaman?   :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf