Author Topic: Grass in Uzumlu  (Read 3987 times)

Offline tintin1504

Grass in Uzumlu
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 21:15:24 PM »
Is this a sixties thread?

Offline LoubyLou

Grass in Uzumlu
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 00:27:04 AM »
A bot late to this thread - not been paying attention for a while!!
Yes - we did an experiment. Half the garden was planted with mouse ears grass, the other half with normal grass. Although it still needs watering, we find the mouse ear grass much better, and takes less looking after (ie doesn't need mowing so often). It is nice and springy underfoot. You get the seeds from the afore mentioned seed shop round the fish market. I can't remeber the Turkish word at the moment, but I beleive it directly translates to mouse ear if you have dictionary - the seeds and very small blue little pellets - I think they are covered with something. I bught some last summer to do some patches and I think it was about 9YTL for 100grammes.
Hope this helps if its not too late!!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Grass in Uzumlu
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 23:03:57 PM »
Why not get in touch with the well known " Hash House Harriers", maybe they can steer you in the direction of some decent "Grass" !! : :) ;):P:D
Gordy.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Grass in Uzumlu
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 07:14:56 AM »

Tinx may have some spare now he doesn't have an ass to feed.:D:D: :)

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
Grass in Uzumlu
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 14:30:00 PM »
visited the website for this grass and it appears to be the one I have at my place In Koca Calis, the fact that in the winter it goes brown was the big giveaway.  Grass it might be but its not peasent underfoot, hving a 'spikey' feel, and requires very regular mowing as the seed head will rise 2 to 3 inches higher than the mean height, it send runners out which will very quickly cover paths etc.

If you want to see it in the flesh then visit Nicholas Groups, Archways I, by the big roundabout on the 22m road.

Offline corbindallas

Grass in Uzumlu
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 08:38:29 AM »
I brought some Canada Green Grass Seed over from UK as it is supposed to be tough for both extremes of weather hot and cold and have to say so far it is doing very well, but have not had a full summer on it yet. :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:39:08 AM by corbindallas »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf