Author Topic: Baris Insurance - Good News ???  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Baris Insurance - Good News ???
« on: September 13, 2010, 16:49:56 PM »
I asked for advice last week about my neighbour's leak - her daughter identified this on the final day of her holiday - water slowly dripping down the walls in the bathroom.

Neighbour e-mailed me to ask for help so after advice on the forum I went to see Baris (her insurance company) today - he was out but he called me back as promised and duly arrived at 5pm as agreed.

He looked at the ceiling and said this is likely a problem for the owners above - I told him they were very nice Turkish people - had been informed but did not believe it was their problem as they had no leak.

Baris asked could he speak with them - did so - got the same response and then said politely - ok I will come back with a plumber - we will cut out some of the ceiling - trace the problem and then agree who is responsible.

As he left he said "tell your neighbour not to worry we will sort it out and if it a problem for upstairs and they won't agree we will still sort it out"

Now I know it is early days but hey - credit where it is due.....

Ian  :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 16:51:04 PM by Ian »

Offline tonysue

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 17:08:37 PM »
You did the right thing Ian. All together now .... neighhhbours everybody needs good nnnneighhbouurrs!!

Offline feznut

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 18:35:42 PM »
lol

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 04:34:01 AM »
Just to finish this story off - plumbers arrived with Baris to explain what he wanted and they then fitted a new plastic bathroom ceiling (apparently new technology so it can be removed easily when next leak happens above!).

No excess to pay as a leak is classed as "an emergency" and nothing else to pay  :)

All in all very impressed with Baris and now I know why he is always out when we go to pay and they have to contact him by mobile phone - he is out sorting out jobs - can't complain at that :D

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 09:31:33 AM »
totally agree with ian, we had a bad flood from the bathroom and it flowed down the stairs and ruined all my furniture etc but no problem it was all replaced by baris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf