Author Topic: 6 months on passport  (Read 4504 times)

Offline wickwilly

6 months on passport
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 17:12:52 PM »
If it was sent from Germany it would still have no stamp in it!! You would just have to produce the old one to the Turkish passport officer.

WW

Offline quackers

6 months on passport
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 06:07:37 AM »
No stamp ,but issueing authority says FCO, so maybe this makes a difference when leaving Turkey. Are they alert enought to look who issued new passport. Anyone used a new passport from Germany?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
6 months on passport
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 11:59:54 AM »
Where the passport was issued makes little or no difference. I've been in and out of Turkey several times on a passport issued by the British Consulate in Istanbul with an FCO mark on it.

If you're leaving the country after changing passports you just need to show both of them to prove that you had a valid visa. Don't worry though if you aren't able to show the old one because they'll be able to check all your previous entries and exits on their computer system.

This is the old one that I showed them, thanks to Molly, when I changed over. (Another good reason to keep photocopies of important documents)  ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:14:04 PM by KKOB »

Offline tylerbabe

6 months on passport
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 18:43:06 PM »
How long does it take when you send your passport for renewal Germany mine has been away 3 weeks  8)

Offline BernieTeyze

6 months on passport
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 19:01:20 PM »

I renewed mine this week too. New Photo's..£6 for 6, apparently they don't do less. I used the check and send service for £8.17..all she did was read the form and send it away with my old one. I could have done that myself for free...tut

Paid to have my documents returned recorded..another £3..a total of £93.67

Apparently it will come back within 10 days..then wait for it..unless of course it's held up for some reason..

I think it must be just me..lol

Roll on the 17th June, then it all be worth it..

Offline brianthegardener

6 months on passport
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 19:40:27 PM »
according to this article people in Turkiye requiring to renew there passports can do so at the British Consulate in Bodrum.

http://www.voicesnewspaper.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1424

:o :o[?][?]

Offline spanner

6 months on passport
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 19:44:03 PM »
We have just renewed our passports- very easy form to fill in so didn't bother with post office check. Posted forms on 18th January and wife received her new one on 25th January and mine followed today. Excellent service

Offline BernieTeyze

6 months on passport
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 19:46:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by spanner

We have just renewed our passports- very easy form to fill in so didn't bother with post office check. Posted forms on 18th January and wife received her new one on 25th January and mine followed today. Excellent service

That is really good Spanner. Just a week for the turn around. Well Done! I hope mine is as quick:D

Offline BernieTeyze

6 months on passport
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 22:59:02 PM »

My new passport came today, I ordered it on 25th Jan at the post office check and send and da daaaa..One very strange looking passport. Along with the usual picture, I am now a hollogram(?) on the second page. Not complaining..I take back all my moans about paying the extra £8..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf