Author Topic: Weather in October  (Read 4653 times)

Offline angiecat

Weather in October
« on: February 10, 2011, 09:52:41 AM »
Hi, my hubby and I will be holidaying in Calis Beach from 10th Oct too 19th Oct, can anyone give me an idea of what the weather is likely to be like for this time of year.

Thank you :)

Offline BernieTeyze

Weather in October
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »
We were in icmeler late last september, and the weather was glorious.

If you go on www.weatherunderground it will tell you what the temperature was for those dates in the last few years.

I had a quick look for you it was between 22-27o in 2010, and between 28-31o in 2009.

Happy Holidays
Bernie

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:38:16 AM by slikmrs »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Weather in October
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 10:56:56 AM »
I hate to put a dampener on it Angiecat, but it can also be very wet in October.  you never can really tell until it arrives !  But the year before last it rained and rained and rained and rained.........I remember sitting in one of our favourite restaurants in kaya and thinking we needed a dingy to get home !!  Every where was flooded and the electricity was out.....but then you could have really warm sunny days........good luck !  (and take a cardy for the evenings !!!)

Offline hillside

Weather in October
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 14:16:11 PM »
We've been in October for the last 7 years but think we'll give it a miss this year. The last 2 years havent been great. We went mid October last year and had 4 days sun, 3days with heavy cloud/showers and 1 day solid rain. Not a brilliant ratio..................

Offline BernieTeyze

Weather in October
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 15:42:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hillside

We've been in October for the last 7 years but think we'll give it a miss this year. The last 2 years havent been great. We went mid October last year and had 4 days sun, 3days with heavy cloud/showers and 1 day solid rain. Not a brilliant ratio..................

So sorry Angie Cat, I have always gone with weather underground before.. :-\
So much for me doing a good turn today.. :o

regards
Bernie

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Weather in October
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 15:50:16 PM »
What do you mean? It's all about opinions and yours was one of them...

Offline Julesp

Weather in October
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 16:26:00 PM »
Here was me remembering the winter coming really late this year. Didnt see a great deal of rain til December, friends came from Ankara for a weeks holiday during Kurban Bayram in November, they were able to go for a swim, definately goes chilly at night though. But you do have to remember we have our own little micro climates here, I can spend the day at home in a cloudy Calis looking at the rain falling on Fethiye, while over at Yaniklar Beach it can be sunny.

Offline ronzeus

Weather in October
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 17:18:28 PM »
I enjoy October,even with a bit of rain i find the tempreture great after a hot summer.

Offline PKHUGHES100

Weather in October
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 19:27:32 PM »
We have an apartment in Ovacik and often go around Oct/Now time, it has always been super, spot of rain occasionally, chilly at night but by and large always nicer than a UK summer!

Kevin

Offline sunlover

Weather in October
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 19:29:25 PM »
We have been October the last 2 years and yes the evenings can be cool and you need a cardigan/jumper by about 10pm, but otherwise it,s great weather then, we have had the odd shower but not much,certainly better than the UK and not busy...we love it then..

sunlover

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf