Author Topic: Gallbladder Removal Surgery  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Carolyn1957

Gallbladder Removal Surgery
« on: March 10, 2011, 19:37:03 PM »
Hi

We're hoping to move to Kemer permanently in a few weeks but I have been told I need to have my gallbladder removed. I have the option of waiting until the end of May which will obviously knock our plans completely off course, or I could look to have keyhole surgery at Letoon or Esnaf.

Have any members had similar surgery and if so, can anyone give me an idea of the cost and whether it went well please?

I have tried emailing Esnaf but am not too hopeful of a reply! I have also tried trawling both websites but am not getting too much joy!

I guess at the end of the day I will end up putting my plans on hold but at least I will have explored all possibilities beforehand.

Many thanks everyone.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 19:50:07 PM »
Might be worth checking out the University hospitals, there is a journey involved but far cheaper if cost is an issue.

Offline Carolyn1957

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 19:56:02 PM »
I've just emailed Medical Park in Antalya too, can you suggest anywhere else I could try - preferably no further afield than Antalya?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 19:59:01 PM »
Dont know about having the op in Turkey but my friend had it done in the UK last year, think she was back on her feet quite soon after maybe a bit of discomfort after but cabt really remember what she said to be honest. could you not carry on with your moving plans and then fly back to the uk for the op on the nhs then fly back to Turkey after a few weeks, may cost you less for two flights rather then paying privately for the op.

Offline tracey1398

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 20:25:02 PM »
not the same thing but i had hysterectomy at esnaf and was more than pleased with care

Offline Carolyn1957

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 20:55:39 PM »
Was it very expensive Tracey? I'm trying to gauge roughly how much it might cost. I know that here in the UK I'm probably looking at either day surgery or more likely just an overnight stay.

Offline Firo

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 21:46:34 PM »
I was quoted 2000tl in the Esnaf in Dec 09.
Flew back to UK for the op(key hole) and then flew back to Turkey (with company so I didn't have to lift anything)just under 2 weeks later.
If you have the option I would fly back to the UK when you have the date of the operation.
It cost me less to fly back for the pre op and operation and I was also happier there with no language problems.
Another thought...Why not find out how much it would cost you in the UK (private) and then that way you could have it done next week and be fully recovered for the move.
Hope this helps
Fi
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 21:48:31 PM by Firo »

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 21:57:34 PM »
£4000 in the Uk, I enquired but ended up in an emergency situation with pancreatitus and ended up having it done on the NHS!

Offline Carolyn1957

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 22:01:57 PM »
Thank you all for the useful information. You've given me plenty of food for thought! All I need now is my daughter to agree to me camping on her sofa for a couple of weeks!

Offline tracey1398

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 06:46:03 AM »
my hysterectomy was 1600tl so im sure keyhole would be a lot less

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf