Author Topic: Constitutional Decree On Property Sales(14May2011)  (Read 3391 times)

Offline Translator

Constitutional Decree On Property Sales(14May2011)
« on: May 15, 2011, 18:35:59 PM »
COURT PAVES THE WAY FOR FOREIGN PROPERTY SALES

Constitutional court paves the way for foreigners to purchase property in Turkey.

Constitutional court this time allowed the amendment to the law regarding the rights of foreigners to purchase property in Turkey. Up to %10 of the zoned land in "town" basis can now be sold. The Supreme Court has made a fundamental decision in this matter the other day. It was decreed that permitting the persons mentioned in Article 35 in regards to allowing them to purchase up to %10 of the zoned land was found in compliance with the constitution and a request for abolishing of t5he provisions of said article was declined.  The Regulation mentioned in article 36 in regards to allowing the foreign corporate identities formed in Turkey to obtain immovable property in Turkey  was found to be in accrodance with the Constitution and a request for abolishment was declined. As such, corporate identities that have purchased property n Turkey "for the purpose of continuing their activities" is from now on permitted and the rights associated can be transferred and assigned to another foreign corporate body....

Cheers

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 20:33:32 PM »
Can we have that in english please  :-)  

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 21:04:03 PM »
So, what does it mean then ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 21:22:58 PM »
It means that from 14th May 2011, non-Turkish people can buy property in Turkey. Similar to the 13th of May really  ;)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 22:44:47 PM »
and you never let on Keith 8) :o:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 23:01:34 PM »
In seriousness I have to say that as far as I understand it, the main opposition party tried to get the law that allows foreigners to buy in Turkey suspended - by seeking a review of it - which would place us all back to the days of a couple of years ago where no tapus could be issued to non-nationals for eight months while the law was debated by very boring people in parliament. My understanding is that this was a fairly negative move to cause hardship and negatively to the government, but was rejected anyway.

It's a very complicated situation and I'm sure people better qualified than me can explain it more accurately.

Offline Translator

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 14:21:42 PM »
I second Scunner's comments. I gues it is best if a lawyer or real estate professional explains it in more sensible way.
My understanding is; business as usual, with less hassles..

Offline cenk

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 16:09:10 PM »
Main oposition party aplied to court to cancel the law on foreigners' buying properties in Turkey. Court refused to cancel all law. They cancelled an article of that law. It is not easy but I will try to explain.
Foreigners are allowed to buy, but there is a limit, all purchases in a town can not be more than %10 of that town area. This area is the area that have planning permission. Law says foreigners can go on buying till this percentage is defined. Court cancelled only this article. The amount of the lands, bought by foreigners will be defined by deed offices and problem will be sorted. Sure they already have all data in their computer system.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 16:12:58 PM by cenk »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf