Author Topic: student host family deported?  (Read 5718 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
student host family deported?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 08:46:32 AM »
Fastlady, what is your connnection with e&m? You seem to be defending them but overlooking how awful this 'misunderstanding' must have been for those people who have now had their lives turned upside down.
I posted originally to get facts which might hopefully prevent others having the same misfortune.
I think until e&m comment then no one should be telling host families its safe as it clearly wasnt for these people.
There's certainly nothing in the paperwork they gave me that explains the legalities.
Oh & someone mentioned host families receive training in an earlier post.
I was surprised when I read that as I didn't receive any & nor did any other families I spoke to.

Offline tracey1398

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 11:37:01 AM »
I think that host families should contact the school where I'm sure michelle the host family manager will be able to help I don't think they should look for their answers on this forum and also I don't think it's helpful for people to scaremonger about something they know nothing about or wish to be involved as with all succesful buisineses there always seems to be people who knock it just for the sake of it if you are a host family with concerns talk to the school

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 11:42:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tracey1398

I don't think it's helpful for people to scaremonger about something they know nothing about

True. I'd base on what I do know about - that someone offering the service got deported, due to one word being incorrectly used. Sorry Tracey but that's enough for me, and I hope others to consider whether to risk their dreams.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf