Author Topic: Enjoying yourself? Stop it!  (Read 836 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Enjoying yourself? Stop it!
« on: June 22, 2011, 14:39:53 PM »
The Royal College of Psychiatrists is telling people over 65 to restrict themselves to drinking no more than half a pint of beer or a small glass of wine per day. This has infuriated that crazy bunch of militant crypto-ananarchists at the Saga magazine. It hasn't exactly pleased me either. What the hell has it got to do with a bunch of head doctors? Bloody well stick to reading Freud and Jung you interfering busybodies. Anyway, I'm off to the town centre tonight with some other old grumps - known as The Zimmer Gang - and will get paralytic drunk, smash a few shop windows, beat up a few teenage louts, throw up all over the pavement and fall asleep in the gutter. Just a normal Wednesday night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13863196

Offline scouser2

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 22:25:27 PM »
As it's for over 65's I'm ok for another 4 years or so.:D
I wouldn't worry too much Colwyn as every year or so they move the goal posts anyway. One month coffee is bad for you then it's rather good for you, then apple juice is bad and then it's beneficial for your health.Just keep on doing what you are doing and don't worry over it.(That's what my wife keeps saying....at the moment she's looking for my insurance policies : :))

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 22:57:20 PM »
I think they have a point. After grafting till the retirement age of 85, basic citizens should spend their twilight years sitting in lean-to's, knees covered in tartan blankets, staring aimlessly into the outdoors. Men who, after 50 years of manually cracking coal off the face for 12 hours a day, choosing to spend the 3 days before they wheeze a little and die, drinking more than a half of bitter through a day? No wonder they never make it to 100.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 02:09:37 AM »
I've forgotten 65 but I still sup what I want when I want:D:D

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 11:43:44 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn

The Royal College of Psychiatrists is telling people over 65 to restrict themselves to drinking no more than half a pint of beer or a small glass of wine per day. This has infuriated that crazy bunch of militant crypto-ananarchists at the Saga magazine. It hasn't exactly pleased me either. What the hell has it got to do with a bunch of head doctors? Bloody well stick to reading Freud and Jung you interfering busybodies. Anyway, I'm off to the town centre tonight with some other old grumps - known as The Zimmer Gang - and will get paralytic drunk, smash a few shop windows, beat up a few teenage louts, throw up all over the pavement and fall asleep in the gutter. Just a normal Wednesday night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13863196

Wonderfully put Colwyn - fab response.  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf