Author Topic: visa renewal  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Ray1951

visa renewal
« on: July 28, 2011, 18:48:15 PM »
Whilst the new visa rules will save many ex-pats a lot of money, there are still people who for whatever reason still need to do the 'visa run' from Fethiye or surrounding areas to either Rhodes or Meis. Selo doesn't do it any more and the prices being charged are pretty expensive taking everything into consideration. Does anyone know what is the best way and most inexpensive way to do this?  I went to Rhodes in May but was ripped off by one of the reps, who shall remain nameless.  I read that you could go to Rhodes with Yesil Dalyan for 40 euros but the rep charged me  more.  Help and advice much appreciated.

Offline Eric

visa renewal
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 19:10:52 PM »
Get a 1 yr residents permit = £50 approx + book £50 approx = Total £100

Visa = Eu40 Rhodes ferry + Eu15 Visa = Eu55 x 4 = Total Eu 220 or approx £200

Cheaper and easier to get a residents permit.

Offline Julesp

visa renewal
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 22:27:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Eric

Get a 1 yr residents permit = £50 approx + book £50 approx = Total £100

Visa = Eu40 Rhodes ferry + Eu15 Visa = Eu55 x 4 = Total Eu 220 or approx £200

Cheaper and easier to get a residents permit.

It is cheaper to get residents permit but some people dont fill all the criteria regarding funds etc so may not get
Also remember there is a possibility that soon the compulsory health insurance will come into force for people with residaency.
The travel company near to Customs in Fethiye sell tickets to Rhodes, I just looked at Yesil Dalyan website they state that a day return ticket to Rhodes is now 65 euro, VGo 60 euro

Offline starman™

visa renewal
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 06:57:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Julesp

It is cheaper to get residents permit but some people dont fill all the criteria regarding funds etc so may not get

It has to be someone who cant even afford the boat trip. In the end if you dont have a tapu then you show funds in a bank account, if you dont have that then you have to show a foreign exchange receipt which has your name on it. To get a one year permit you would need to show you have changed 3600 USD (or equivalent in other hard currency) minimum but aome provinces want to see 6000 USD. If you dont have this dont worry, most doviz's can issue this receipt for a small fee.
Its only the receipt they want, you can give all that turkish lira back to hard currency or give it to your other half to shop with.

Offline sonay

visa renewal
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »
Tiny Akropol, hisaronu near Robinhood charged us 92tl, we have to go as not recievd Tapu yet, we would much prefer residency !

Offline lissa

visa renewal
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 13:12:55 PM »
Yesil Dalyan, who operate the service to Rhodes, did offer a visa run that was cheaper than the normal return price. Have to be in Turkey for a minimum number of days before,though I cannot remember exactly how many, but certainly a lot more than somebody just on holiday.

Offline Ray1951

visa renewal
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 07:35:27 AM »
Yesil Dalyan do a return on the ferry for 40 euros or 97 YTL and that includes pick up from Calis.  The visa costs £10 or 15 euros.  Thanks to everyone who commented.  Interesting to hear that 'for a small fee' you can obtain a receipt showing you've changed money. I suppose it'sike everything everywhere, there ARE ways round everything.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf