Author Topic: Pond Pump  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Carolyn1957

Pond Pump
« on: August 06, 2011, 16:37:56 PM »
Does anyone out there know where we can buy a pond pump of the ornamental type i.e. with a small fountain?

Mike is planning to make a small outdoor pebble pond such as we never actually got around to in the UK and obviously needs a pump to get it under way.

Thanking you in anticipation!

Offline ovacik2

Pond Pump
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 17:02:16 PM »
The small pumps we found are expensive in Turkey. We find the best type are the ones with a magnetic movement they are available mains or low voltage,no rubbing parts they last for years. Brought from UK and bought online ie ebay. There are a number of options measured by water head hight required,we bought one that exceeded the required head height and then adjusted to suit. These type are very economical too. Would avoid the larger pool pumps as the will not stand up to 24/7 and run at 500+ watts. Most of the pumps suggested come complete with a fountain and some heads. We are lucky in Turkey that it is easy and cheap to find a piece of stone or marble waste to make fountains just have the stone man drill a hole.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 17:08:10 PM by ovacik2 »

Offline jackstee

Pond Pump
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 20:27:36 PM »
Also got to ask, as with a pond you have to keep the water quality as good as a pool. I have a small ,blow up, type of pool that uses 2.5 M3 (2.5 tons ) of water.

Does someone know where I can buy small amounts of pool chemicals in Fetiye. With no chemicals I have to refill every 3 - 4 days and that gets expensive.

Offline screamlead

Pond Pump
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 23:29:07 PM »
Pool Chemical shop - otogar - shell garage turn right on to antalya road - left hand side near the lights. He sells really big chlorine tablets for small pools etc and chunky granules, 1 tablet used to last about 3 weeks. I used to have the plastic 'pool bombs' and refiled with the granules which last quite a long time too.

Offline Angelic

Pond Pump
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 06:50:13 AM »
We got a pack of 5 pool tablets in yappi market opposite cafe pazar cost 11ytl.

Offline screamlead

Pond Pump
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 07:05:05 AM »
Think those are the same ones Angelic? Regarding pond pumps - i think some of the Pet Shops sell them ?

Offline Sus

Pond Pump
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 13:07:41 PM »
Try Yapi Market, they have a lot of the stuff in there, if you take a picture of what you are looking for if they have not got it they will tell you where to go.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf