Author Topic: Internet access  (Read 1930 times)

Offline mike77777777

Internet access
« on: September 05, 2011, 19:41:32 PM »
Moving to Fethiye for a year and want internet access. Would like to have unlimited access. Not sure if we can get fixed line although telephone points are fitted in the apartment.If not can go for a dongle.Can anyone advise cost for fixed line rental / and any other costs etc.. and the dongle option...
Thanks
Mike

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Internet access
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 19:53:39 PM »
I've done some research on this, not got all the answers however:

Phone line & reasonable speed broadband is available for a minimum 12 month contract so this would probably be your best bet.

I'm only going for 8 months so am going with the dongle, possibly taking a "wi-fi for dongle" router with me to enable me to use my phone at the same time as my laptop however this isn't really necessary but it would be if you are sharing 2 or more devices between a family etc.

Check out the Turkcell website, it's hard work but the prices are there, I believe that signal in Fethiye is good, obviously depending on exact location.

Not sure when you're going but I'll be there on the 25th so can update you with dongle prices on the 26th, hopefully!

Offline Jim Fraser

Internet access
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 20:31:16 PM »
Mike - Turk telekom have some deals at present - price of the package i have is roughly 25 Lira for the phone and 50 Lira for unlimited net access, the phone cost includes 100 mins free calls - thats us on our 4th month with them and so far have not had to pay extra for any calls, and that included UK calls. Last week internet not working - so toddled off to their offices to be told i had never paid for 3 months so they cut me off - slight cock up with either bank or them but only took 5 mins to sort out and back on line - great service allowing me 3 months use before doing anything - can't see BT or any UK provider doing that.
Did use a dongle with Vodaphone prior to that and it was OK but slow and did drop out fairly often, price for the dongle was about 80 lira and then 30 Lira a month (forget the amount of download - but i never exceeded it)

Offline jackstee

Internet access
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 21:10:51 PM »
Costs 39 tl to top up a 4 GB dongle.

I have managed to make this last for around 3 weeks by only doing e mails and job searching. Some times I spoil myself and watch an episode of Dr Who but if your not carefull you can end up topping it every week.

This works out at around at at least 50 pound a month, and is not fantasticly fast. ( Have no probs with the speed of a normal connection but sometimes with SKY News for instance)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Internet access
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 21:21:25 PM »
I bought a dongle in August it was 120tl for dongle, sim card & 4 Gb for 1 month. Worked very well (does not drop out) and strong signal by petrol station in Ovacik. It was a pain in the a*se to set up though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf