Author Topic: Bars with Pools  (Read 4216 times)

Offline mkwhite

Bars with Pools
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:02:12 AM »
First time at a private complex this year with no pool bar (might save some money) but if we fancied a change are most hotels/bars with pools welcoming of none residents, of course we would purchase food drinks etc! In exchange for use of pool etc and any reccomendations near top end of Calis prom??

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Bars with Pools
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 08:25:43 AM »
Has been discussed on here before and my opinion hasn't changed.

http://calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_beach_hotels_rentals_questions_info/bit_cheek_i_may_as_well_ask_45757.msg266476.html#msg266476

Don't know if the thread covers the end youn mean mkwhite.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 14:57:36 PM »
The Letoon Hotel are happy to let you use the pool for a bit of custom at the bar.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 17:26:19 PM »
I know I've offered this opinion before but I can't resist doing so again because it is something I feel quite strongly about.

Taking Letoon as an example.

We stayed there many times, always outwith school holidays, but also always when it was fairly full.

We seldom found the pool overcrowded and the number of sun loungers, whilst limited, to be adequate.

Now if we went out for the morning and came back for an afternoon by the pool to find all the loungers taken by residents then that would have been tough luck.

But on the other hand if we came back and found that there were no loungers available because, for the sake of argument 4 or 6 were being used by non residents, then I confess I would have been miffed.

The question I would ask the non resident would be “if you wanted to spend time by a pool during your holiday, then why didn’t you book accommodation with a pool”. 

Offline cheers

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 01:06:12 AM »
Nice one Mr 'H'!  If they don't book a hotel with a pool why don't they use the beach??  Cheapskates!

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Bars with Pools
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 06:11:24 AM »
Not that I have stayed in a hotel for a while but I totally agree the Highlander I cannot see that if you wanted accommodation with a pool and assuming there are plenty of these around of varying sizes and locations just book one.

If you were hungry you wouldn't go to a restaurant that did have any food!!

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Bars with Pools
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 06:33:02 AM »
Not that I have stayed in a hotel for a while but I totally agree the Highlander I cannot see that if you wanted accommodation with a pool and assuming there are plenty of these around of varying sizes and locations just book one.

If you were hungry you wouldn't go to a restaurant that did have any food!!

Didn't have food!!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 12:45:11 PM »
I can see your point but not everyone's lucky enough to have a pool. For instance there aren't many pools in Paspatur, so it really depends where you are renting/living. Hoteliers are more than happy to offer their pool to get business. We often go to Yacht Classic for the day, always have lunch & bottle of wine and then beer or cool drinks all day. By the same token guests at the hotel often go out themselves for the day so  it works both ways. Hotels make the offer and need to make money. We've always been welcomed as regulars. A number of hotels like The Sundial actively encourage this don't they.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 12:47:35 PM »
mkwhite has said there is no pool bar where he is staying, not no pool.
What I also found most annoying is when I stayed at the Delta Hotel I could not get a table in Bella mam's restaurant, because it was full of customers from the Letoon and other hotels, who have there own restaurant. Or does it only apply to swimming pools.
Mark

Offline mkwhite

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 13:25:13 PM »
mkwhite has said there is no pool bar where he is staying, not no pool.
What I also found most annoying is when I stayed at the Delta Hotel I could not get a table in Bella mam's restaurant, because it was full of customers from the Letoon and other hotels, who have there own restaurant. Or does it only apply to swimming pools.
Mark
That's  right,what I was getting at was not taking over a set of pool beds for 2 weeks but if we fancy a lunch out or maybe an afternoon away from our own place, would we be welcomed to use other facilities?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf