Author Topic: Its not just in Turkey Hotels  (Read 1061 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Its not just in Turkey Hotels
« on: October 29, 2012, 18:01:58 PM »
Frightfully weeed off which is of course infinitely prefereable to being weeed on!

Extract of complaint to accor Hotels:-

I almost do not know how to begin!

This has been a shambles, I tried to complain using your website but the complaint form wont work as it repeatedly demands
a year and date format which, when you insert it correctly, it refuses as shown below!

(There was a screen pic here)

When I booked this Hotel it was because it showed the sign on the Accor website that the rooms were air conditioned. I cannot sleep if I am too warm, and as I live in a quiet area I cannot sleep if it is noisy, so, I always look for air conditioning in a City as the rooms are usually too warm and it is noisy outside. I BOOKED THIS HOTEL BASED ON THE ROOM BEING AIR CONDITIONED. I arrived in the room, found it very warm and turned down the temperature. After 1 hour it was STILL very warm and I tried to telephone reception to ask for someone to look at it, this proved impossible as nobody ever answered and I tried twice so I called the Hotel using my Mobile phone at my expense and  finally an answer! An engineer came to room and said that I was correct it was not working and he would be back. He returned to explain that as it was Winter they had switched the air conditioning off and they could do nothing about it! I said that was not good enough and was told I could complain -- so I am!

The hotel said it was air conditioned and it was not, this is misrepresentation and I would like an explanation!  Is this yet another example of "franchising" where the Franchisee decides to do what they want and the Franchiser doesn’t care? I hope not!

I do not look forward to a restless and uncomfortable night -- especially after recommending Ibis so highly to my wife!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Its not just in Turkey Hotels
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 18:20:38 PM »
I'd complain to Elizabeth Baron if I were you. She's a Medium, and has probably got more chance of contacting the dead than you have.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »
Apparently she is unavailable ------- due to unforseen circumstances  :D

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »
Aha, they are all at it now, they show a blue square with the letters AC in it, but it means not Air Conditioning
as we almost certainly would assume, but "Air Cooling" where if the air inside the Hotel is warmer than that outside you can pull that air in through a central system. Which, of course, by the time it has passed through all the warm ducting is not much cooler at all!

Sigh, I used to say Lies, damned lies and statistics --- I shall have to now include "marketing"

So, take note all the international and national chains have changed their symbol to a snowflake to determine air conditioning!

Warm Meldrerw

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf