Author Topic: Plants for new pots  (Read 4277 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Plants for new pots
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 20:24:45 PM »
They also need cutting back fairly hard. However, it'll either make them produce new growth, or kill 'em.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 21:28:22 PM »
Another good "Plant" is Rosemary. It is very hardy sun or frost, easy to grow, will stand any amount of pruning, evergreen, and the flowers are a lovely purple. Like or hate scent and you can use it in cookery.   :)

If you have a friend that has some and they will let you have a sprig or two, just plant the cuttings in a pot and keep watered, quickly roots and easy to plant out or keep in a pot.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 21:45:54 PM »
Mrs A has come up with others that have worked for us over the years.

She would agree with Nichola and Geraniums for all the elements you ask for and there are so many size variants available.

Cycas (Sago Palm) bit expensive but a great show, not keen on full sun in July August.

Bush Bougainvillea will stay small, be sure it is the bush type.

Maybe not easy to come by The ornamental Bush Pomegranate, yes it will show fruit.   

Our Bougi and Pome and Cycas in pots are now 10 years old and need little or no maintenance again outside all year.

Last Plant is the Village flower. We buy these each year from the Tuesday Market on the Canal side, turn right over the wooden bridge there is an oldish man that sells them wrapped in newspaper 5/6 in a pack,mixed colour 2TL. They flower all summer and are just beautiful. Only know them as "Village Flowers"  Not perennial.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 22:06:37 PM by ovacik2 »

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 22:01:42 PM »
Thanks for the replies on my Lavender plant question  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf