Author Topic: Advice on the best quick growing bushes or Trees  (Read 4472 times)

Offline PKHUGHES100

Advice on the best quick growing bushes or Trees
« on: March 29, 2013, 13:27:43 PM »
Horror upon horror, despite there being loads of new Villas for sale in the Ovacik area, someone has decided to build a monster block of apartments next to our block of 4 apartments. We have lost the view of the mountains from our first floor balcony and also this block directly overlooks our pool  right next to our boundary wall. Can anyone give me some advice on the most cost effective way I can plant either bushes or suitable fast growing trees and equally, any recommendations were I can buy them. We are also talking about quite a length that will need planting, approx 50 meters. :'(

Thanks in anticipation.

Kevin and Karen.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Advice on the best quick growing bushes or Trees
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 14:35:40 PM »
I'm no expert, far from it - but I noticed banana trees and Avocado trees seem to grow very quickly. Banana trees are far faster, but I hate them.

:)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 14:48:43 PM »
I LOVE bananas !!   :P  ;)

Offline Andrew H

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 15:07:36 PM »
Sorry to hear about this block right next to you if only planning was like in UK at least you would know about and protest but Turkey dosent work like that.
Are you near the main road or are they continiung to build up the mountain?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 15:20:16 PM »
Protest about what? That someone legally built on the building plot next to the building plot your place was built on? :D

The planning has all been done, residential areas have a maximum % build permission and number of floors and provided they don't exceed either then you have nothing to complain about. In fact, you should buy expecting it. There is no chance to protest about a lost view, the town plan advises what might/will happen in future.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 15:52:25 PM »
Reminds me when we purchased our first place  in 2004 we had a great view there was a piece of land in front of us, when I asked our estate agent if they would build on it his reply was, there are no plans at the moment but it is prime building land and someone will build on it.
Speaking to others who had purchased on the same complex from other agents I was told my agent does not know what he is talking about, it is going to be a car park for our complex. Two years later we had a three storey car park complete with windows and balconies.

Offline Eric

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 16:05:18 PM »
Fig trees and Acacia trees grow quite quickly here.  Don't plant Willows as their roots are very invasive and pine tree roots are very shallow and as they get taller you run the risk of them blowing over.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 16:48:53 PM »
PK HUGHES. sorry I do'nt know the name of the road but if you go into Fethiye and go up the road with Migros on it's right hand corner there are some garden centres along there.Did'nt seem too expensive but everthing is planted in cooking oil tins (green recycling )    :)

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 17:26:41 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I clearly asked re potential build and in fairness, they indicated that there was potential but as the market was flat and so much estate for sale, highly unlikely for a few years, that was two years ago. All that said, I am just surprised that they built so near the boundary, clearly potential purchasers might be put off for the same reason we are re close proximity! We are were we are so we will make the best compromises we can and the advice re trees etc really helpful, thanks to you all again, looks like Fig trees are the favorite. Our property is well off the main road and quite away up the mountain.  ;)

Kevin

Offline scorcher

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 22:32:34 PM »
Fig trees - now I was told by a Turkish pal of mine that if you didn't much care for your neighbour to plant a fig tree next to his wall because the roots would eventually damage the foundations.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf