Author Topic: Mobile Internet Access  (Read 13579 times)

Offline Hamlet

Re: Mobile Internet Access
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 08:30:17 AM »
Did I not read somewhere recently that you cannot now register foreign phones in Turkey?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 17:17:23 PM »
Loz I was told that if you buy data pre-pay and you use up your data before your 3 months limit (or whatever) you can not buy more top-op early.    Sorry that is a rubbish description !

The way I plan to use my MyFi is guests in our villa will use it  If they run out of data I want them to easily top it up irrespective of how quickly they use the data or when tey need to top it up

Any thoughts gratefully accepted

Offline Marggie

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 18:48:41 PM »
I have heard that said about the VINN dongle also that once you choose a package you are stuck with it.  However, I have bought various amounts of gb some of which have run out before the end of the period and have just gone into Turkcell and topped up again for the period and gbs that suit me at the time.

Can't see why it should be any different with Myfy.

Offline tina b

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 08:09:25 AM »
I purchased the mobile dongle , and yes great gadget but how do I know how much data I have left ?
Anyone know - thanks

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 08:29:04 AM »
Is yours the Turkcell Vinn, the same as we are discussing? 

not sure if this works with them all.  Go to the browser at the top and type http://192.168.1.1 press enter

This should open an admin page, the password is admin, once in you can check your usage and change your password for the device.

In this page you can also send and recieve messages/emails (just like a mobile phone) to the number on the sim card

Bringing a whole new meaning to 'Talk to your Dongle'
 ;D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:40:57 AM by loz »

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 13:11:52 PM »
Loz,  coming out (again  ;D) in a 10 days, so where is this shop that you bought your mifi  (not myfi) device from?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 13:22:29 PM »
Steve, The only Turkcell shop that I could make understand what I wanted and charged me the correct price was the Turkcell shop on the back road, going from Pasha Kabab restaurant Pastpatur follow the oneway system.
The young girl in the back desk speaks a little English and once pointed to the picture she kindly sorted for me.
I purchased 4Gb and was enough for us both for 3 weeks, I have since purchased another 4 and not a problem I did not take the mifi with me but had the sim card cut out bit, she loaded extra from that info.
The first time you buy the mifi gadgey remember your passport.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 18:17:48 PM »
Thanks Loz. On your recommnedation and advice I'm going to get one. Please PM your UK address to me so that I can get my money back if not absolutely delighted.   ;)

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 04:52:38 AM »
Thanks again for the info Loz. That saved me a stack of leg work.

I bought mine last night from the Azda in Hisaronu. The guy was vey helpful. They didnt have it kn stock but got it from one of their other shops within a couple of days.

Regaring usage it shows the data used on the front of the gadget when you activate the screen.

I havent had time to have a good play yet.  I can see the top up applied via the SMS message and ghe data used but I am not sure whga happens when it is topped up (does the data count reset or do you cleaf that manually to reset the counter)

Very impressed so far

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 08:40:34 AM »
The counter continues, then I started playing around with the setting in the online admin (slapped wrist) and had to reset it. !!!!

this meant that it reverted back to the shop purchased settings including the password. 

After much huffing and puffing and beating myself up I eventually got it and understood.

I reached the 4Gb, put on another 4Gb just before running out, and had used 5GB in Total when I cocked it up! now it is reset I t will go to 3Gb and I will need to add more Gb.

The messages are still online, I have changed (again) the manufacture password for the gadget.

Now time to leave it alone.

How it is made is my favourite program on TV, I just help but take things to bits or push to the limit. Job Done!!   ;D

PS
Sorry, in answer yes you can see how much is remaining, as in a previous post go online password will always be admin   http://192.168.1.1

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf