Author Topic: Summary of the New Law - on Resident Permits w/e April 2014  (Read 41194 times)

Offline tonysue

Re: Summary of the New Law - on Resident Permits w/e April 2014
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 17:05:18 PM »
Speaking to a translator friend of our who seems to know all things Turkish, he is of the opinion there will be a lot of jigging about to this bill before it is passed. in essence it is a positive step as it will keep a lot of nations out of Turkey who can apply for residency as the law stands today, nations we dont want in Britain and the EU dont want in their countries either. This will also assist Turkey as it moves towards the EU and he is convinced there will be concessions towards EU nationals once the details have been thrashed out. Another case of wait and see.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2013, 22:11:47 PM »

Offline quackers

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 05:36:20 AM »
So if you opt out of SGK ,as the SGK office is asking you confirm if you want to, you will not be eligable for long term residency unless you have private medical insurance.As this is one of the criteria for being allowed long term residency.

Offline Eric

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »
It would appear so.  But this is Turkey and the final result may be entirely different.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 22:49:46 PM »
My friend has to go back to the U.K.early march but his residency runs out early april ,can he apply for new one before he goes ,or will he have get a temp one when he comes back and then get new residency .

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 21:05:47 PM »
After reading all this info im still confused,from april 2014 can i come and go under 90/180 day rule or does one have to purchase this new e visa online before traveling and how does that work.I thought they were doing away with the visa stamps at the airport.Maybe after coming to turkey for more than 30years now perhaps i should book an appointment with my local srink,still comfused.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2014, 15:33:13 PM »
Do you still have to go to the passport police to get your residency.also can you get 3year residency still .

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2014, 18:42:28 PM »
At the moment yes Lance. Until the new changes come into effect (allegedly April) it's business as usual. You shouldn't have a problem getting a 3 year residency permit. That way you won't have to worry about the one year residency rule just yet or in fact for another three years.

Hope this helps   :)

Offline antonia1966

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 19:45:28 PM »
Oh Nichola...Now I'm totally confused...:-( We are thinking of moving out to Turkey within the next 12 months. So have started collating information on things we need to do, sort out and time scale needed to do all this...As my partner and I are not married but have a 9 year old together does this mean we can apply for a family residency? Or do we need individual? confused.com

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 20:41:14 PM »
This is probably the most useful and comprehensive information relating to the proposed changes to Turkish resident permits. I haven't seen anything more recent than this and like all things in Turkey may well be subject to change or the implementation date extended.

Note if you are applying for the first time according this "all first time applicants wishing to apply for a Turkish Residency Permit need to apply to the Turkish Consulate in the UK". This is a significant change as before you could wait until your entry visa was about to run out and apply in country.

http://www.yellali.com/news/article/31/new-turkish-residency-rules-explained

There is a lot of good information on this web site - look at the bottom of the right hand side of the page and you can just browse back through the archives for each month to see what's relevant to you. You can also sign up for a newsletter or join their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/yellaliturkey?fref=ts

Hope this helps    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf