Author Topic: Any Manchester Airport/Parking Experts Out There?  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Any Manchester Airport/Parking Experts Out There?
« on: May 05, 2013, 20:27:09 PM »
Possibly a bit of an odd one...

I have flights booked from Manchester Airport for later in the year and was looking at parking. The comparison sites strangely show the meet & greet parking (Manchester Airport official) as cheaper than the standard official long term. Which is nice.

The problem I have is that we are flying with two different airlines - leaving from Terminal 1 and returning to Terminal 2. Has anyone done this with meet and greet? Each option in the results list names the terminal by number, hence my concern.

I'm almost happy enough to walk from T2 to T1 if that's what it takes, but wonder if our flight arrangements are no problem - i.e. they will see form our flight details to meet us at T1 going out and T2 coming home?

Any experience or advice would be helpful.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Any Manchester Airport/Parking Experts Out There?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 20:34:44 PM »
I have done this before its not a problem to them. They asked me which terminal I was at when I rang them to say I had arrived. I also told them when I dropped the car off. Ours was a very professional service and we only booked it because it came out the same price as the cheapest park and ride.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 20:41:16 PM »
Thanks Paul, that does make sense - they are not likely to want to waste time standing at one terminal when I am at another.

I last flew from Manchester in 2008, where I meanly chose Purple Parking on price and nearly decked the driver when he started throwing our cases off the back of the bus. That, coupled with it being almost in a different time zone to Manchester Airport, ended my quest for the cheapest airport parking. It's one of the few things where I actually have realised that you do get what you pay for.

Offline Mary Howarth

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 21:28:51 PM »
A2B do meet and greet at Manchester and the price is reasonable and its opposite the terminal. Makes life easier.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 21:35:39 PM »
Thank you Mary - I am sold on meet and greet already, it's the non-standard flight arrangements I am asking about.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 23:23:49 PM »
Just be careful with the meet and greet there. We use the one at T2 and its actually just a drop off at a car park next to the terminal. Nobody meets up you and you simply drive up, park the car and then leave your keys at a desk. When you get back your car is parked ready to exit after you have picked up your keys.

Its not actually meet and greet but they call it that.

Offline Stan

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 23:30:31 PM »
We've used this valet parking company 6-7 times ,and always spot on , £35-45  ,depends on times obviously, just go to their premises, (after booking !) they take you to the terminal , coming home , clear customs ,give them a call ,pick you up , on your way. If I can do it ,its easy .
  mavp.co.uk/‎
Manchester Airport Valet Parking
 We only live 20 miles away and this is better than parking costs . ( hope this makes sense , had a couple of beers !)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 23:50:29 PM »
The meet & Greet I used was a proper one. You ring them when you are 20 mins from arrival at the airport and pull up at the bag/passenger drop off area and the driver comes and meets you there. He then takes your car and off you go.
On your return you ring them when you get through customs and the driver brings your car to you. Couldn't be easier.
I understand what Scunner says about some of the carparks being in a different time zone. I have used quite a few and agree you get what you pay for cheap ones are advertised as 1-2 miles from the airport. They are as the crow flies in reality they are on the opposite side of the airport and about 10 minutes away.
I always try to use Jetparks 1 or 2 at Manchester now. They are very local (about 3 minutes away) and normally about mid priced.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 05:40:17 AM »
I have also used Jet Parks on many occassions. They have bus stops all around each of the car parks, so there's no dragging luggage to / from the entrances to pick up the courtesy bus. They're very close to the airport & access from the motorways couldn't be simpler.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 07:42:22 AM »
Sky Airport parking (not Skyparks)  - used many times, drop off at terminal.  (Pretty good valeting service too if you want it.)  I agree about Terminal 2 - car park at side so not really Meet & Greet but don't know if that's all the companies?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf