Author Topic: 1st time to uzumlu and need advice please  (Read 9952 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: 1st time to uzumlu and need advice please
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 16:43:11 PM »
BishyBoo this is a great place to go for a day if you have a car, it is about 1 hour drive from Uzumlu, very easy to find, have a meal or a full day on the lake or horse riding swimming etc. http://www.akkayagarden.com/about-us.restaurant
Mark

Offline BishyBoo

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 17:09:04 PM »
Mark, that looks amazing and just the type of place that would appeal to us, thank you so much
Any more suggestions gratefully received, thanks again   :)
Does anybody know of any good maps of the area and street maps of Fethiye i can download?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 17:23:20 PM »
There are so many places to visit in close proximity of Fethiye.  One of my favourites is Kabak with the most spectacular views  and you can get a nice meal at The Olive Garden.

Here is a link to 21 places to visit.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attractions-g298031-Activities-Fethiye_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Offline BishyBoo

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 17:52:14 PM »
Thanks Marggie, thats brilliant info, just what we need.  Started a notebook to jot down all these suggestions, think out 2 weeks will be pretty full.  Cant wait!   
Is September a good month to visit or is it still very busy?  :)

Mark, do you have directions to Akkaya Garden from Uzumlu as thats definitely in the notebook for a visit ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 18:16:00 PM »
September (and May) are the best months to visit in my opinion. Nice and sunny and warm without the punishing heat of July and August. Things are still open and in full swing.

Offline BishyBoo

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 19:48:19 PM »
Dont think i could take the heat of July/August but September seems so far away so have to content myself with trolling the internet and filling up my ''to visit'' book
Everything ive been told and read makes me think ive made a great choice for a holiday, even with my fears of a break in, although feel a bit more relaxed about that now after being given some sound advice here
Do you think we should bring enough money for the 2 weeks or rely on ATM's so dont have too much money either on us or in the villa?
Is there a bakery in Uzumlu to get fresh bread each morning?
sorry, so many questions !!!  ;)

Offline Firo

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 21:50:41 PM »
There is a bakery in the village so fresh daily bread is assured. Bring enough money to see you through first few days and then withdraw more as needed there is an ATM in the village and plenty in Fethiye.
Definitely go up to Cadianda and spend a few hours wandering around this lost Lycian /Roman ruins on the mountain above Uzumlu. You'll most probably have the place top yourselves as very few tourists venture there but it is truly wonderful.
Venture to Oludeniz beach day and night for fabulous swimming and superb restaurants like The Buzz Bar
http://www.buzzbeachbar.com/
Go to Saklikent Gorge for a day out via Tlos and lunch at Yaka Park for fresh trout.
The list is endless and with a car there are some fab places to go.
Security is down to you to ensure you take all necessary precautions that have been mentioned above and never sleep with windows and doors open as that's an invite any where in the world. Oh and don't forget to spend some days just relaxing around the pool and catching a few rays  8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 22:04:28 PM »
Firo's reply reminded me of one of our most read topics - 9 (or more) pages on MUST do's in the Fethiye area. And yes, you must do them all or you will be detained at Dalaman and have your visa swiped.

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_beach_questions_and_information/calisfethiye_1st_timers_you_must_do_this..._19732.0.html

Offline Firo

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 22:06:49 PM »
  ;)  ;) :D 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 22:19:48 PM »
I should of course mention that when it comes to things to do in Fethiye, places to eat in Fethiye, and Fethiye related information, you might find some ideas at www.fethiye.co.uk - a website written by a local genius.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf