Author Topic: Hotel or Apartment very last minute  (Read 3743 times)

Offline mickysparks

Hotel or Apartment very last minute
« on: July 02, 2013, 22:33:10 PM »
My In-laws are off to Calis for the 5th time staying at the same apartments, we were due to go with them. Unfortunately I have a Hospital appointment for the first week so have delaying being with them for the first week. Their second week we will join them, so it leaves our 2nd week for ourselves. Would it be to risky to wait until we get there to book a Hotel or Apartment for our second week? We are on our own from 27th Sep-3rd Oct.
I remember seeing a couple of years ago Hotels advertising rooms whilst roaming round Calis, is this still the case this time of year (Sep-Oct)? Just thought we would be adventurous.

Thanks, Mike

Offline sunlover

Re: Hotel or Apartment very last minute
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:51:30 AM »
In my opinion it can be a busy time with the weather extending longer into the year now, I have only seen rooms available at some of the hotels along the main rd, certainly not beach front. I would look on the Internet just before leaving as you would get a good deal then on a room or apartment, be much safer, and will not waste time trawling round places wasting time, when you could be sitting enjoying your efes  :)

Offline mickysparks

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 18:54:08 PM »
Hey thanks for that, will have a look on line before we venture over.

The thought of trailing around when we could be on the Beach sipping Effes has won hands down.

Regards Mike

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 19:36:34 PM »
I think it depends on what you want? I reckon you may get a hotel with a sea view if you turn left instead of right. If you would be prepared for clean, no frills perfect location and great hospitality try Eroz, Berlin or Simsek .

Offline mickysparks

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 00:19:35 AM »
Thanks Cavfan, will have a look. I don't mind a bit up market Hotel or apartment, but like to be about five mins walk to the beach.

Regards Mike

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 05:03:10 AM »
Booking.com sometimes has some good bargains with reduced rates, I think you have a good chance of getting a bargain as the children will be back at school and the peak season for holidays will be past...good luck in your search  :)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 11:52:59 AM »
Umm, not upmarket those I'm afraid. Cheap and cheerful. 5 mins to the beach rather than a sea view could look at oykun or club e which is rather nice

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 11:55:20 AM »
Excellent Hotel, 5 mins from beach, clean, airy, great food, nice people, I often stay here and always
take half board as the food is so good! Much better than Hotels on the front.

To put it into perspective I stayed at the Mutlu last year B&B for same price as this for Half board and I
believe that since the price has gone up by 50% at Mutlu and it is now only Thomsons!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/137896899647879/?hc_location=stream

They offer good prices on travel republic and sunshine and probably will book direct too.

JT

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 19:07:03 PM »
Check out:  lastcheck.com   some good bargains on there.  Also  Aymes Hotel just 50m from the beach has been refurbished and has a lovely pool.  Child friendly too.

Offline mickysparks

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 18:36:09 PM »
Thanks everyone, will be busy looking at them all, we can't wait just to chill for a fortnight in the sun..... 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf