Author Topic: if mozzy's like you read this  (Read 2925 times)

Offline snowtop

if mozzy's like you read this
« on: August 08, 2013, 05:58:24 AM »
We all wonder why we may be the only one of a group of people who will be Mozzy Attacked!!.
Perhaps the link below will explain and make you feel happier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2386261/Why-holiday-mosquitoes-really-DO-prefer-biting-women.html

Offline makemwonder

Re: if mozzy's like you read this
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 09:03:45 AM »
My hubby was told by a Greek doctor who was treating him for excessive Mozzy bites that she had read a study by some professor that claimed when a mozzy finds the person with the right blood or smell it signals to others that there's a tasty meal over here !  there must be some truth in that because I was with him 24/7 and had about 6 but he had hundreds after 2 days I counted over 200 on one leg from top to bottom and all became infected he looked more like he had been in a fire his flesh was raw and it took months of treatment for it to heal up and has left permanent scars behind.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
I can definitely relate to that, while in Calis in June, my friend was very badly bitten despite wearing one of those bracelet deterrents, while I had just 1 bite.  Obviously not as tasty as I thought, have to try a new perfume next time!!  ;)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 13:26:57 PM »
Sometimes it isn't the actual bite that is the problem, but your body's reaction to it. My Ex used to get bitten as many times as me, with no reaction whilst  my bites always seemed to go 'wet' and fill with puss. Sorry if I've put anyone off their food. :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 14:00:02 PM »
I'll have this custard doughnut later I think

Offline angela

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 14:16:43 PM »
Pus is an exudate, typically white-yellow, yellow, or yellow-brown, formed at the
site of inflammation during infection,

now as for Puss, well, you can add your own description !! (sorry Scunner   ;) )

Sometimes it isn't the actual bite that is the problem, but your body's reaction to it. My Ex used to get bitten as many times as me, with no reaction whilst  my bites always seemed to go 'wet' and fill with puss. Sorry if I've put anyone off their food. :(

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 15:10:07 PM »
there's nothing down for me i tick all the boxes :( :(

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 22:47:03 PM »
Up until I was 50, I had never been bitten or bothered by mosquitoes then on a visit to Saklikent, I was bitten on the ankle.  The following year I went to Corfu to work and I was savaged by mosquitoes.  I believe that the bite I received in Saklikent, acted as a trigger.  Anyway the doctor in Arillas in Corfu, applied iodine to both my legs and bandaged them (a source of great hilarity).  He also gave me an injection and told me not to worry because after 3 months I would become 'Greek' and wouldn't be bothered.  As it turned out, I was there initially for 8 months and as the doc said, I was never bothered.  I occasionally get a bite but I do not have any itching or other side effects.  I would believe that people living abroad will develop some immunity.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf