Author Topic: Buzz Bar, disappointing  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Hamlet

Buzz Bar, disappointing
« on: August 11, 2013, 19:32:32 PM »
Today was our first visit to the Buzz Bar in Oludeniz and possibly the last.

The food was at best mediocre, 2 of the smallest Pide's that we have seen in Turkey, about 25 chips obviously from a freezer bag and not fresh cut, 2 teacup size bowls, each with a few bits of salad in, a small water, a smoothie & a draft Efes = 55tl.
The Pide's were the Mediterranean one and there is no chance it contained the advertised cheddar, the tuna was from a tin & there were 2 of the smallest shrimps you could find, the pastry was soft & rubbery.

Although the waiters were fast to take our drinks order, after that we struggled to get their attention to order our meal.

I don't like being pestered by waiters when I am eating but I also don't like having the food dumped in front of me and then being ignored and not seeing a waiter until I want to leave.

The fact is that today there were at one stage, 5 staff huddled by the till talking for several minutes, one of whom visited 2 tables at the other end of the roof terrace to which we were seated but not one came near to us or even looked our way.

At least 10 minutes passed before I managed to catch the attention of one waiter and when he arrived the conversation went: Me - Hesap Lutfen, him - ?blank look?, me - Hesap, him - cay?, me - no, Hesap!

Just then one of the Turks on the table behind me said something to him & he walked to the bar area then came back with some serviettes for them & then you could see the bulb in his head come on and he looked at me in a quizzical way and gestured writing a bill to which I said with relief, Evet!

The bill swiftly found itself dumped on the table in front of me.

Overall, not a good experience!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Buzz Bar, disappointing
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 20:01:07 PM »
No tip, I s'pose ?   ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 20:41:10 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that, I recommend this bar to everyone. We've always had great service, not intrusive but attentive enough. Though I have noticed on the webcam that it's not so busy as it used to be.

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 22:01:51 PM »
  :)Heat getting to you Keith??????  :)  ;)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 22:34:36 PM »
No Calvin, we decided to go to the Buzz Bar because we had heard good reports but after today it will take a lot of persuasion to get us to return!

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 22:39:38 PM »
No tip, I s'pose ?    ;)

Actually Gordon the bill was only 54.75tl & I left 55tl but didnt want to wait for the change (I wanted to get home on Sunday) so the tip they got as far as I was concerned reflected the service provided.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf