Author Topic: A Couple (for now) of Questions...  (Read 5810 times)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
A Couple (for now) of Questions...
« on: August 28, 2013, 13:37:12 PM »
Hi everyone

Would very much welcome words of wisdom from those who've been there, done it and bought the t-shirt....

Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much in total it costs to buy a property over there? I think I read somewhere that the estate agents' fee is 3%, so that's going to vary depending on the property, but in general for all the other things that need doing? Just trying to get a bit of a ballpark figure for our budget.

I'd appreciate recommendations for an agent, too. I contacted a few people who had given testimonials on the Lagoon Estates website, most of which turned out to be from around 10-13 years ago! Some said they still use them and they were fantastic, others weren't so glowing....would be interested in anyone else's views. Have also heard very good things - on here and from some of them - about Interturk.

Also....we've very much focused on 'we want to buy' and haven't even considered renting. Should we? We're just concerned that it's 'dead' money and will eat into our capital (which may restrict what we can afford to buy further down the line). The bonus would be that repairs etc wouldn't be our problem I guess.... Any guidance on average rental costs would be handy too - looking at a 2/3 bedroom apartment or villa.

The other thing we're a bit torn over is whether we want a pool or not. From what I've read on here, the maintenance fee on a complex isn't excessive...but it's something we could save on if we decided against it. One of the Lagoon testimonial writers said they didn't bother with a pool as the hotels don't mind you using theirs, as you'll be buying drinks and maybe food...which sounded quite a good idea until I thought of the cost. It would probably add up to more than a maintenance fee!

Finally (for now  :D) I've read a couple of posts but am still struggling to understand the layout/distances between Calis, Fethiye, Uzumlu, Ovacik etc....I clicked on the link for one of the maps in another post but it didn't really show me (or maybe my rubbish laptop isn't loading properly  : :))

Thank you.   :)

Offline tonysue

Re: A Couple (for now) of Questions...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 13:59:43 PM »
Have messages you but google maps is pretty good as you can plot distances. If you take Fethiye as central then its about 5k to Calis, and the same to Hisaronu with Olu deniz a few k further on. Uzumlu and Kemer is further out into the countryside about 15k and not as accessable without a car. there is a very good dolmus service to most places and less frequent in the off season. Complexes with/without pools humm. If you can find a nice complex with low site fees you are quids in and of course its great to have your own pool even if it is shared.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 14:08:53 PM »
There are some good properties for sale on here in the section (for sale from owners) which would not have the 3% fee, this fee is for the seller as well and some sellers insist on the buyer paying 6%.
After buying four properties here I would not hesitate to recommend Cenk and Olga  at www.interturkestates.com.
I would also recommend Mete at Goldenmoon Estates.
On top of the 3% you have military checks (approx. 1200tl) name changes for utilities another 300tl.
For a rental you are looking at 600 - 1200 tl a month for a 2 bed apart going upto a ptivate villa with pool.
I would not have my own pool again, unless I could afford a large one, most are for cooling off at private villas.
Mark

Offline Neil B

• Visiting Fethiye & Calis since 1984
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 15:05:22 PM »
We purchased a brand new two bed roomed apartment on a small development (14 apartments total) with a shared pool some 3 years ago.
It was fully furnished with air con in all rooms / all white goods / legal fees / solicitors fees etc. turn key for less than UK£ 59k
Monthly maintenance approx. £20 for pool & garden area plus electricity and water of course.
Best investment we have ever made.
We used Seaside Properties their office is in Calis just by the Water Taxi Bridge (Prom side)- see website www.propertyinfethiye.com or you can also email: info@propertyinfethiye.com  for list of latest developments and resale properties - they also have rental locations.
Ask for Joseph he made the viewing and purchase process very easy. The fact he speaks perfect English does help.
Seaside Properties also have a management side, offering cleaning, laundry services and arrange transfers.
Hope this does not sound too much like an advert but we have been well looked after on all our visits as have our friends.
We can wait for our 3rd visit of 2013 next month.

Map of Calis - Fethiye area link below:-
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=seaside+properties+calis+beach+turkey&ie=UTF-8&hl=en

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 17:16:07 PM »
My advice would be to spend time understanding the area as each part has pros and cons, it may be travel arrangements (dolmus routes) grocery shops, nationality of neighbours (do they live there 52 weeks a year)........... and many other things. We spent many days walking the area at all times before deciding and having previously owned in Calis and now in a village, the issues (good and bad) are totally different depending on location.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 13:15:26 PM »
Thanks guys - really helpful and much appreciated.   :)

T'other half did say last night that maybe we should rent to begin with to get a proper feel for the different areas.
Might be a problem as we're not looking to move out until around June next year and of course that's the start of the holiday season so not sure what will be available long-term...but that's a bridge we don't need to cross just yet.

Must admit I like what I've heard about Gunlukbasi.   :)

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 13:05:44 PM »
WordBird, Gunlukbasi is a great place to have an apartment.  It's close enough to walk down into Calis on a fine day (about 25 mins, depending where in Gunlukbasi you are) or a few mins on the dolmus.  Lots of shops and small supermarkets within walking distance, plus a few restaurants and bars.

Good luck with your search.  We bought in Gunlukbasi six years ago and are very pleased with our apartment and the area.   :)

If you want any more information, please message me and I'll try to help.   :)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 13:24:32 PM »
We bought our 2 bed apartment this year, we used Cenk and Olga (Interturk) who we cant recommend enough,they made the process so easy. We are in Gunlukbasi and absolutely love it. We only have a small communal pool, but we find it very adequate and would not like to be without it, especially in the hotter months. Pool and garden maintenance costs us £16 per month, but this can vary from complex to complex. I think all your other questions have been answered for you.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 14:01:47 PM »
We bought our 2 bed apartment this year, we used Cenk and Olga (Interturk) who we cant recommend enough,they made the process so easy. We are in Gunlukbasi and absolutely love it. We only have a small communal pool, but we find it very adequate and would not like to be without it, especially in the hotter months. Pool and garden maintenance costs us £16 per month, but this can vary from complex to complex. I think all your other questions have been answered for you.

Do Cenk and Olga (Interturk) deal with long term rentals as well as sales (and if so do they have a website ?)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 16:54:49 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf