Author Topic: I've blown his mind ....  (Read 19101 times)

Offline Menthol

I've blown his mind ....
« on: September 10, 2013, 23:16:27 PM »
So here we are in Fethiye looking at villas.

Until 2 days ago, my husbands (TA) involvement in this whole process has been to say 'you just get the place you want'.

Now we are actually viewing properties, TA has LOTS of opinions and I would like to say thank you to the Emlaks for being so patient with both of us.

After 2 very full days of viewings in some serious heat, my husband reckons his mind is blown. He wants to know why he feels so stressed when he's on holiday ..... :D

But despite our generally hugely different opinions about everything in life, we have agreed on which two villas are our favourites so far. This is nothing short of a minor miracle.

So for Bluwise and anyone else trying to guess if they saw me in the region, tomorrow I will be the large lady with the blubbering husband. He'll be wearing a khaki green baseball cap and shades and has a tash.

We are having a day off from looking at properties tomorrow and plan a stroll around Fethiye. We will no doubt use the water taxis there and back from Calis. So if you think it is us, mutter CBF and if I say 'I'm Menthol!', you will know you got the right person.   :)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: I've blown his mind ....
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 23:35:40 PM »
Good luck with your house-hunting, and enjoy your day off tomorrow  :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 06:25:07 AM »
Have a great day off and remember its a buyers market over there right now! You might feel you are on limited time to buy but the seller has a limited window to sell to you!

Good luck.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 08:50:33 AM »
This brings back memories of 2005 for me and how tiring it is moving around looking at different properties and after about 10-12 your mind starts to mix then all together......

As others have said before, look, question, walk around the area around the property you are looking at, go back at different times of the day as this shows a different aspect to a property and then do it all again.

You can never be to careful or do to much research.

All the best with this tiring mission.   :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »
Great that you have found at least a couple of villas to consider.  Enjoy your stroll - I will be by the pool all day today as it really is sooo hot and my OA has decided to walk to Fethiye along the new prom.  Just couldn't muster up the energy to join him today..... 8)
I hope you find your place real soon.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »
Great advice guys!

Lovely post Menthol.  Lucky you having so many properties to look at.  When we were there I think we saw a total of 6 properties as that's all that was available to fit what we were after (same requirements as you).  Wasn't as stressful but maybe not as much fun either.   ;D ;D  Enjoy yourselves and enjoy your day off.  x

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 10:19:14 AM »
Good luck with the search Menthol. 
Enjoy your day off.  We love to stroll around Fethyie.  I'm actually quite jealous of you as I sit here in the rain

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 10:37:05 AM »
My advice would be to revisit the properties on your own later today, as they can be totally different without an agent, especially when you explore the surrounding area!

Offline cobbydalers

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 11:13:05 AM »
Totally agree about going for a look later on your own. The first property we were ever shown a new build apartment, we were told "this is your private driveway, nobody bothers to use the pool, oh the bikes they must be visitors childrens, Oh and of course we can put steps from your balcony into YOUR private garden.!!!    Went back in the evening 2 cars and a scooter on OUR drive, about a dozen kids playing in the pool and one apartment with more school uniforms pegged out than we could count.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
Like you, Menthol, I was the force behind us buying our villa. My other half said something similar to yours - and I was so amazed that he agreed at all (and so readily) that I wasted no time in case he changed his mind.

I loved the plans and small model (it was not built at that stage) and within the week we were there (in Olu Deniz, Oct 2009), we signed up to buy.  Crazy, yes - hardly any research, yes - suffering the consequences, yes (see other posts re problems with Tapu & habitation certificate) ....and no! We do have a lovely villa, finally built- in delightful Koca Calis, close to beaches and other amenities - and I can't wait to return (husband likes it too and has never had a go at me for rushing him into it). 

We'll be there in under a week and I've just brought in the cases to think about packing.

Best advice I can give on your purchase, get your lawyer to carefully check all the paper work, Tapu, Habitation Certificate etc before you sign anything and don't believe a word of any "promises"! What about house surveys in Turkey before buying? Post pictures of the two villas you like, exteriors and interiors too. I just love looking at Turkish villas! I'll imagine I'm there helping you choose!

Quackers and Menthol, are you free late morning of Tuesday 17th which is the day after we arrive (previous evening)? Join us for a cuppa at Villa Loumar? Quackers knows where we are, and I can send you a map, Menthol. Any other CBFer who lives near the Angel bar/cafe is also welcome! I won't have much in stock at this stage, so you might have to supply your own biscuits and put up with creamer in your tea till I purchase fresh milk!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf