Author Topic: Moving to Calis  (Read 6005 times)

Offline angela

Re: Moving to Calis
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »
exactly what we plan to do Wordbird, I would hate to commit to an area, only to find myself hating it a year down the line. I suspect that everywhere looks wonderful in summer sunshine, but may lose it's sparkle in the winter, so we'll be treading warily.

Offline suecheshireuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 12:05:51 PM »
We were going to do exactly the same as the o p. Buy a place, and rent it out. But after doing lots of research, and realising there could be some real tapu and HC problems we decided against it as this course of action involved us selling a property in the UK to buy in Turkey, in the end we decided just to rent that out in the UK, and rent long term in Turkey instead. What we get on our UK rental pays for our rental here plus more than all our bill, plus we have the flexibility to move, if we want a change. . . we are well and truly looking forward to moving from our original perfect location.  Good luck with what ever you decide to do. Sue xx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 15:06:20 PM »
Problems with tapu  and HC? None if your research directed you to buy one that has it all already...

Offline suecheshireuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 15:59:32 PM »
Yes, of course. We did say if we buy we would buy a re sale, but I think by the time I had read the stories, probably more problems where we are than in Fethiye, and so many people advised against buying, even though we really wanted to, we did come to the conclusion it was just better for us to rent as if we decided we don't want to be in the area after all its easier to move on, and I'm not saying we would never buy, we may surprise ourselves and just do that one day. Sue xx

Offline Menthol

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 23:50:38 PM »
When I looked into buying, I quickly came to the conclusion that off-plan and new builds were a no-no for us. For the reasons you stated, suecheshire, re Tapus /habitation etc.

And for me re-sale is by far the best option for other reasons too. More often than not, the previous owners have added a lot of the extras that would take time, effort and money to install. And depending on their circumstances, many want to include their white goods and furniture in the sale too. Which is great if you don't want to have to rush out buying stuff straight away and can take your time to choose the right things.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 15:10:33 PM »
Aahh, yes, Menthol.  With hindsight, we certainly should have bought 'ready-made'. Truth is, I/we were so amazed at what looked like excellent value, and I was so amazed at Mr AM's agreement to buy, that I struck while the iron was hot and we went ahead and signed on the dotted line at the end of our vacation in OluDeniz in 2009. We got our land Tapu this year, but still not our Habitation papers  :'(. . .BUT . . .we hope to get this within the next few months.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 16:56:09 PM »
With Sule on the case, you'll soon have it, Arty.

I'm afraid to say it was reading cases like yours and of course many others that led me to my decision, Arty. So whilst hindsight didn't benefit you, it has benefited others.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 20:37:47 PM »
I think if we were to do it now, we would still do the same thing, as we are instant decision people, we never wait..  However, we where not looking to live in the area permanently.  I think if we were going to do that, we would rent first, as places are different in Winter. 
I see the new member Rosied bought in Ovacik and now is moving to Calis, where she had never been to in the four years she had lived in Ovacik, she said that Ovacik is too cold in Winter, too hilly, everything closes and the Dolmus run on restricted hours,   So, after reading that, I would think it's best to rent and see what a place is like in all seasons. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2013, 21:29:15 PM »
The main difference between off plan buying experiences previously and now is a huge one - buying off plan in a booming market compared to buying off plan in a falling or stagnant one. When you are selling everything you have off plan, it means the next project can start, and it can be bigger and you can use what you made in the last project to buy much of what is needed on the next - and so it goes on - till suddenly your first project of 4 apartments and a shared pool is a distant memory, and everything is now in your 5th project of 24 villas, 19 of which are built and not shifting. The concrete suppliers are screaming for their money now, as are the reinforcing steel people, the double glazing people and so it goes on...

Offline suecheshireuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 19:18:32 PM »
I think if we were to do it now, we would still do the same thing, as we are instant decision people, we never wait..  However, we where not looking to live in the area permanently.  I think if we were going to do that, we would rent first, as places are different in Winter. 
I see the new member Rosied bought in Ovacik and now is moving to Calis, where she had never been to in the four years she had lived in Ovacik, she said that Ovacik is too cold in Winter, too hilly, everything closes and the Dolmus run on restricted hours,   So, after reading that, I would think it's best to rent and see what a place is like in all seasons.

This is very true Jacqui.  We both totally fell in love with Akbuk, but so glad we didn't buy, as living here in the winter is so quiet. Initially we loved it, but the novelty soon wears off when all the expats and friends and neighbours go away on holiday to the uk or somewhere warm, and it can be quite lonely, and grim when the rain sets in. We recently had a couple of days in Kusadasi and it was great to to see lots of people just meandering around.  I said I'm glad this is our last winter here in Akbuk, though I must admit we usually go away for a couple of months too, but it will be nice to spend a winter in Turkey next year, in Fethiye/Calis and actually see people and open restaurants  etc.  Wise words from Jacqui.  Sue xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf