Author Topic: Travel Insurance from Turkey to USA  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Janbee

Travel Insurance from Turkey to USA
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:54:04 AM »
We will be travelling to the USA from Turkey as we are residents here.  I have looked on the internet but all travel is from the UK.  We will need travel insurance in particular a policy that will cover my husband who is 67.  Can anyone recommend where I can get this. 

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Travel Insurance from Turkey to USA
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:56:33 AM »
Hi Jan, we use the company that is located next door to McDonalds in Fethiye, they offer a wide range of policy's and all speak good English in the office. They will do you a no obligation quote so you can compare your options.

Offline quackers

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 11:19:57 AM »
I am travellıng to Chına and wıll use the ınsurance our banks offers.

Offline Janbee

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 13:35:12 PM »
We went to the place you recommended George, which is called Renar Sigorta, next door to Macdonalds, and they were very helpful and spoke very good English.  We now have travel insurance for a year, that meets our requirements.  We did try our bank, but the process was too complicated, and we found them unhelpful as we had to do it by telephone, and after several attempts gave up!

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 15:21:18 PM »
IMHO most Turkish travel insurances, and I did look, are under-insured for medical cover in most countries, particularly for a country like the USA.  I know how difficult it is to find a travel insurance that covers you sufficiently, I spent ages to trying to fing something suitable, either from a Turkish insurer or an insurer from outside Turkey who would cover for travel from another country (in this case Turkey) I found worldnomads http://www.worldnomads.com/?gclid=CO_FlMW8gLwCFYlF3godxRkAcg#axzz2qTr95xEQ, not cheap but look at the increased benefits particularly medical, from a marginal increase in price.  Hope this helps.  ;)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 17:37:20 PM »
Glad you are both sorted Jan. I'm in there on Friday to pick up our travel insurance and Dina in the office called today to say she has the results from her conversations with the different insurance companies regarding health care cover. I hope it's good news.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf