Author Topic: Facebook - Love it ? Hate it ?  (Read 6857 times)

Offline janmack

Re: Facebook - Love it ? Hate it ?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 07:45:12 AM »
I was really sick last year and facebook helped keep me in touch with all my friends and family.  I was able to keep them informed of what was happening and it really helped me through the rough times with all the messages of love and support.  I still use it to keep in touch with them as my speech is not so great now so I don't like talking on the phone.  It can be a pain sometimes when you receive strange notifications etc but, on the whole, I love it and wouldn't be without it!  I really hope CBF does not disappear...it is still the one site I go to when I need good solid advice/information  :)

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 07:59:58 AM »
For me they are completely differnt things, and I always look at both, but for advice or info about Turkey it has to be CBF. If I see an interesting post about turkey on Facebook I just use the link to access CBF, so for me Facebook serves as an advert for CBF.  But even on here topics stray away from turkey (and I have done this as well) and when that happens do people then think we might as well be Facebook? I don't think that I was just wondering?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 08:29:26 AM »
Hamlet, so sorry to read your post.
I tried Facebook for a few months but when people I knew were
slagging off other people I knew, yet wouldn't have the balls to
say it to their faces I decided it wasn't for me. I have since seen
it cause so many problems, with people living their lives in public.
Just my take on it      :(

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »
Not for us,anything that has a negative affect on CBF should be banned  >:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »
I use Facebook every day too and agree they are very different beasts, both possibly with a role to play. The problem is that writing on CBF tells all your Turkey loving associates about it, Facebook tells them and everyone else too - so you type to a bigger (if less interested) audience. It appears many people prefer that.

I also agree with Jan, on a Turkey related question you tend to get 30 replies on Facebook - 28 disagreeing views and 2 dangerously wrong ones - whereas on CBF you get fewer answers but you'll generally get the right one.

My real point is that Facebook is the place more and more people seem to be sharing their event details and photos of events, and sharing news (good and bad) and if that trend continues, we've had our day. That's fine, I just won't let it die a slow painful death like some 'rival' forums in the past which spent the last year having one post a day from the owner saying "Good morning" :D

Offline Lotty

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »
Come on everybody! get those photos and comments on CBF! Share all your experiences here too, I couldn't bear it if this faded away.  :-\ I love it! :D

Offline janmack

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 10:54:21 AM »
You're quite right Lotty!  My problem however is that I don't really know the CBFers as well as my fb friends and the chances of most of the CBFers having any interest in what I may have to say or share are nil lol  ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 11:14:27 AM »
I don't know CBF folk very well either except for what they write. I've always found it interesting and diverse. There's also something about not knowing anyone that gives a sort of freedom. I like the semi anonymity. CBF is my FB.  ;)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »
Come on everybody! get those photos and comments on CBF! Share all your experiences here too, I couldn't bear it if this faded away.  :-\ I love it! :D

Agree wholeheartedly Lotty.  Can't manage without my daily dose of CBF.  Some if the drivel on FB makes me cringe.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 11:40:21 AM »
Share this picture if you love your children!!! FB, the place that showed us how many of our associates are in fact morons.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf