Author Topic: Olive Gardens Kabak  (Read 5369 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: Olive Gardens Kabak
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 19:14:16 PM »
Sadler we've enjoyed many a dramatic storm from high up in Karagozler, Fethiye. I think know how you feel. Incredible how it circled the bay and came back again and again? Lightning forking around the bay, thunder crashing so loud it's deafening. Rain sheeting down so it parts your hair. Water running down the steep old steps that you feel only a canoe could manoeuvre. Nothing like we've ever seen before, but a truly stunning experience. I can just imagine how it would be there too.  :D

Offline sadler

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 21:11:50 PM »
Lotty you either love it or you hate it and I love it. At home we live on the windy east coast. When the wind blows it takes your head off. I call this "dog walking weather" not that we have one. As long as my ears are protected I love it. We have had our share of storms over the past week as well but when it comes to thunder storms I don't think Turkey can be beaten and to be staying on the cliff at kabak , wow!!!

Offline sadler

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 21:17:05 PM »
Also, as much as I love the mountains when they are in full bloom and also when they are in full sun, when they are dark and angry, I REALLY love them. ;D

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 08:09:53 AM »
Oooh, Sadler and Lotty - I may have found some 'extreme weather' soul mates!

I have an ambition to go storm-chasing in the US but in the meantime am happy to weather watch from my post half way up the mountain here in Ovacik .....

Offline sadler

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »
Wouldn't go that far Menthol, I do like to feel safe! My experience of being asleep on the first floor when the earthquake hit a couple of years ago scared the xxxxx out of me! Too close to nature that one. I do like to watch nature at its most angry and most gentle from a safe distance though!  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf