Author Topic: selling property questions.  (Read 9473 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

selling property questions.
« on: August 18, 2014, 00:58:52 AM »
Hi
Please can you tell me how many agents you can put your property for sale with in Turkey. If it sells and there is more than one agent do you have to pay a Fee to all of them? Any ideas what the fee to the agent is please or do they vary?
Thanks very many.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: selling property questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 02:03:32 AM »
No limit, you can have as many as you can be arsed dealing with.  Usual fee is 3% buyer and 3% seller but its open to negotiation - lot of seller and buyers don't want to pay it so they try to get the other party to pick it up.  Only the successful agent gets the bunce.

If its a "saleable" property, then worth trying to do a deal with an agent for sole agency status in return for a reduction on fees.  Some do, most don't.

JF

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 02:17:05 AM »
Thanks john, i,ve already contacted one agent.

Offline retiredandlovingit

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:10:08 AM »
We were with several agents when our villa was up for sale last year but the thing that brought the most response was the sign we put up on our fence.  We were on a complex and it was seen by lots of people who were on holiday ,ok we had quite a few viewers who were just been nosy but we sold to a Turkish couple from Istanbul who had viewed it several weeks beforehand. So it being a private sale no commission on either side and a very quick transaction. Sorry your dream has so far not lived up to expectations,  it is out there . 

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 08:12:29 AM »
Thanks,that's a great idea. I just need one of those sailing signs now. Any ideas where to get one from?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:15:55 AM »

Thanks,that's a great idea. I just need one of those satilik signs now. Any ideas where to get one from?

Scunner how do I put it on here please?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 12:24:00 PM »
This is from an old post, but looks like they're still on the go:

FA Reklam
Adres: Ovacık Köp Ölüdeniz Yolu Üzeri  Fethiye / Muğla
Telefon: 0252 612 39 27 Tel2: 0533 385 38 60 Gsm: 0533 385 38 50

JF

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 12:53:49 PM »
Over seas propertys sell well on ebay its worth a try and you can put a reserve price on your property very little comission to pay on a sale and you do have a much wider audience on ebay just a thought because it can take ages to sell a property in turkey unless your lucky.

Offline retiredandlovingit

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 14:02:12 PM »
Slikmrs,  I borrowed the sign from a friend who had used it to sell their own villa , so   I have asked them where they bought it from and will let you know in due course. 

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 14:25:59 PM »
it can take ages to sell a property in turkey unless your lucky.

Luck got nothing to do with it. 

Biggest stumbling block is what many owners perceive their properties to be worth - a lot who bought during the boom period still believe the crap fed to them by many agents about the percentage increase in value they'd see every year.  Price a property by current market values and it will sell. 

We've sold two properties over the past eighteen months and both went within four to six weeks - we were pragmatic and accepted that a property is only worth what the market decides, so took a hit on one and made a substantial profit on the other. 

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf