Author Topic: PTT Post near Sunday Market  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
PTT Post near Sunday Market
« on: August 29, 2014, 11:23:30 AM »
We used to regularly receive list at our site from PTT but in the past few months nothing comes anymore?

Is anyone else (between Cafe Pazar and Harman Hotel / Lissa Links area) having similar problems?

A neighbour has been to the PTT at the Otogar but didn't get anything even though they are missing 8/9 birthday cards sent from the UK last month.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Re: PTT Post near Sunday Market
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 12:37:19 PM »
We used to regularly receive list at our site from PTT but in the past few months nothing comes anymore?

Is anyone else (between Cafe Pazar and Harman Hotel / Lissa Links area) having similar problems?

A neighbour has been to the PTT at the Otogar but didn't get anything even though they are missing 8/9 birthday cards sent from the UK last month.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:41:12 PM »
We haven't had mail delivered here for about 9 months (Baris Manco) there are hundreds of undelivered letters and parcels in a big box at the main PTT sorting office.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 15:04:19 PM »
,Thanks Rimms - my neighbour said "the lady was pleasant but didn't speak any English" - so I may go down on my Scooter - are they open in Saturday??

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 15:21:47 PM »
Not sure about the opening hours. If you go upstairs and turn immediate right, the lady sits on the desk immediately in front of you, all of the expat mail for our area is in a box on her right hand side and a couple of times she has referred us to a mail sorter guy who speaks good English, in fact now he lets us sort through the box ourselves and just checks what we claim to be ours against our RP

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 17:44:17 PM »
Same here, we're just off BMB, not had anything delivered for about 4-5 months. Except some items to be signed for. I actually saw a postman about a week ago, but he obviously didn't have any of the backlog. We keep saying we will go to the sorting office by the Otogar, but it's been too hot to bother yet.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 17:47:36 PM »
Many thanks for your replies and advice :-)

Offline johnboy1967

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 20:00:59 PM »
We have letters/ cards missing too , but nothing at the PTT office ...!! Also Harman.lissa park area...

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 20:05:56 PM »
It is odd as it used to be a good service :-(

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 07:33:24 AM »
Same here, we're just off BMB, not had anything delivered for about 4-5 months. Except some items to be signed for. I actually saw a postman about a week ago, but he obviously didn't have any of the backlog. We keep saying we will go to the sorting office by the Otogar, but it's been too hot to bother yet.

We finally went to the sorting office early October and got 2 letters and a birthday card, all recent post, but nothing else. Yesterday I got an email from my pension provider telling me they had sent me letters in April and August and as I had not responded my pension payments were being suspended.

Does anyone know who we can contact about the non delivery of post situation, anyone with any clout who can take this up with the PTT?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf