Author Topic: Another Good Reason To Wear A Crashhelmet  (Read 6693 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Another Good Reason To Wear A Crashhelmet
« on: November 07, 2014, 19:09:14 PM »
A video shows the terrifying moment a furious motorcyclist went on the rampage with a knife, threatening to stab onlookers and slashing his own bike - all because he had been given a fine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2825562/Berserk-biker-STABS-motorcycle-knife-pulled-riding-without-crash-helmet-fined-Turkey.html

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Another Good Reason To Wear A Crashhelmet
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 19:58:43 PM »
Amazing that Police actually stopped him.  We have seen so many people on bikes with no helmets.  Also notice a lot of men with a crash helmet and a woman passenger without one. 
I think the worst thing that we see quite often is a woman sitting in a car in the passenger seat, with a child on her knee... Always makes me shudder.  Time they started to show some videos on Turkish T.V. about children unrestrained in cars. 

Offline davybill

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 20:09:33 PM »
Ye/s seeing women, sitting on the back of scooters with a child in their arms.
Makes me  see red.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 21:06:42 PM »
For me the worst is a child in front holding the handles with daddy, then another child and the mother at the back with a baby slung over her arm and bags of shopping in between (and a dog). This is true.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 21:10:28 PM »
Well the worst I saw (and I saw lots) was a woman driving a car with her small child standing between mum and steering wheel. Should cushion the impact of adult on wheel in the event of an accident.

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 09:48:05 AM »
For me the worst is a child in front holding the handles with daddy, then another child and the mother at the back with a baby slung over her arm and bags of shopping in between (and a dog). This is true.

Makes me wonder how the dogs are trained to sit still and not jump off at the sight of the nearest cat.  I am sure that U.k. dogs would not be that well behaved. ;D

Offline jsp51

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 17:46:10 PM »
The thing is Turkey is still behind the western world when it comes to health and safety.
Did you never sit on dads lap and steer the car?
My dad never wore a crash helmet, although he did wear the most hideous goggles, neither did Mum or myself and my brother and sister, all crammed into a sidecar that had seen better days.
They do not see the danger, they will, I think get educated on these things at some point but until then it will carry on.
Just look at the risks they take on building sites, but it is only the same as sites in the UK 40 years or so ago when building sites were amongst the most dangerous places to work.
Only last month we saw a guy riding a scooter along the Dalaman Rd and his friend on the back had a full size washing machine strapped to his back. 10 out of 10 for ingenuity.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 19:53:23 PM »
Talking of sidecars! I was driving down the hill from Ovacik to Fethiye one day before the road was widened and, coming up the hill was a motorbike and sidecar. Laying right across the sidecar was a complete security frontdoor and frame. Kneeling, and holding on tight to the door, was a passenger. It looked light a real Wallace & Gromit moment to me.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 20:23:29 PM »
When the laws changed here regarding crash helmets and seat belts the police enforced them and it quickly becomes second nature. In Turkey the police just don't seem to enforce the laws, until that changes then people will just not bother.
We have all seen people riding motorbikes with passengers holding ridiculously large things, imagine doing that in the UK.

Offline philrose

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 07:57:34 AM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf