Author Topic: Accident and Emergency  (Read 4857 times)

Offline Bluwise

Re: Accident and Emergency
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 19:04:29 PM »
Not enough would be a fair guess. I'm with UBT on this one. These pubs and clubs
are churning out drunks on a daily basis. One eye on the profit margins and a
blind eye to the customers. They have a responsibility towards their safety.

They should be made to keep them on the premises until it's safe to let them out.
That would result in a reduction in drunks and some very smelly licensed premises.
What about personal responsibility? Nobody makes the customers drink.  I don't need or want pubs, restaurants, supermarkets to take responsibility for my health or well-being in that way.  Nanny state springs to mind.  Someone gets drunk, makes an arse of themselves and looks to blame someone else!

Offline patrice

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 21:19:51 PM »
Pussinboots That all sounds a bit of a nightmare a friend of mine had a similar experience and in recent years I have had little faith in  the NHS .
I hope you  have now recovered

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 21:45:51 PM »
Bluewise.
If the Licensing Laws were enacted as effectively as the Motoring Laws by the Police and the Courts
maybe the A&E staff would enjoy a safer and more pleasant work environment and City dwellers
could live in far better surroundings.Or do you condone one section of society being able to ignore
the Laws that don't suit their commercial interests.?. 

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 06:41:58 AM »
No, I’m with you both on that.  I definitely don’t condone the law being ignored by a section of society for profit but I don’t think the drunk and disorderly law should be ignored by individuals either. 
I agree about wanting a more pleasant and safe environment for people at work/living in towns etc.  I also agree there is a responsibility to uphold the law inside and outside licensed premises.  I would welcome fall-down drunks being arrested and punished instead of being told to "move along mate” by officers but as it’s considered a minor offence it’s a wrist slapping or at worst a fine. The way things are these days, the Police couldn’t cope with the sheer volume of offenders on a typical Saturday night in town!   
My point is that there is some personal responsibly here.  Yes, the licensee is wrong to serve someone more booze but the person drinking to oblivion is the problem.  If the law was upheld in the pubs the problem would probably  just shift to drinking even more before they go out.  Unless of course, they were not even allowed into the pubs/clubs when drunk and had a real risk of punishment if found drunk on the streets. 

I do agree with most of your points Kevin, it’s just the “responsibility toward their safety” that tends to get me a bit rattled as I feel it’s our own responsibility to manage our behaviour.

Offline Pussinboots

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 10:50:34 AM »

I had to go to A & E last night at 11.30 pm after doing the right thing and calling NHS 111.

I had to wait 2 and a half hours to be seen.  In that time I counted 4 lots of people who had been brought in for treatment by the Police. 3 Drunks and One with fighting wounds.  At one point there were 12 Police milling in reception.  Additional to that spotted 3 different private security guards employed by NHS.  One person who I think was looking for a bed for the night complete with bicycle kept having to be removed each time he returned.  Out of approximately 20 others waiting for treatment only 1 appeared to be from outside the UK (Iraqi as I did speak to him). The Waiting area was absolutely filthy with rubbish and spilt drinks etc.

All in all not a very reassuring situation for those waiting for treatment.

Once I was called I was in and out in just over an hour and was treated extremely well by staff who were obviously working under very difficult conditions.

Just a typical Friday night in a medium sized UK hospital... dread to think what its like in a Big City hospital.

Happy to report I am ok !  Have a small blood clot in my leg.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 17:05:02 PM »
Glad you are OK PiB - were you at DRI? 

Offline Pussinboots

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 19:43:58 PM »
Yes Blu.. Good old DRI !!! Am getting used to injecting myself   8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf