Author Topic: Draught Guinness maybe  (Read 5532 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Draught Guinness maybe
« on: April 24, 2015, 14:05:47 PM »
A new bar opening in Fethiye called "The Shield Irish Pub of Fethiye" it is across from Mancero in the building that used to be Hasan Kar&%$ something.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Draught Guinness maybe
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 14:20:04 PM »
What another authentic genuine, just like the real thing, oirsh bar.  Draught Guinness, the craic, tato crisps, red lemonade, bacon and cabbage are all available as well I bet.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 14:36:28 PM »
The worst Guinnesses I have ever drunk, anywhere, have been in Irish theme pubs. One such place in Bristol had a very long bar stretching the full length of the pub. I managed to drink about half of the pint before deciding it was so disgusting that, despite the absurd cost of buying it, it had to be left. It was then I looked round and noticed that the entire length of the bar was dotted with pint pots abandoned at about the same stage as mine. If I ever I am required to one these terrible places again I will check the bar for dead pints first before going any further.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 15:19:18 PM »
Guinness is a very acquired taste. going into these pubs see how many regulars are drinking Guinness. if not many don't touch it.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 20:33:57 PM »
There is an Irish Pub in Amsterdam called The Tara.  Phil (a Guinness expert) tells me that their Guinness is some of the best he has tasted.  They always put a pattern in the head, which is what they usually do in Ireland.

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 09:01:07 AM »
Aye......To be sure it's a Shamrock...

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »
A new bar opening in Fethiye called "The Shield Irish Pub of Fethiye" it is across from Mancero in the building that used to be Hasan Kar&%$ something.
Mark the place you are talking about is run by teo from bus stop ,it is still owned by hasan kara above is going to be a 6 bed boutique hotel,there restaurant is now opp there .

Offline Jack13

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 09:50:30 AM »
wish I lived in Amsterdam.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 09:57:11 AM »
I will always remember the words of an Irish mate,when there was a Guiness discussion at work he commented that they have trouble getting the black stuff accross the Irish sea let alone to  the far away places.This was many years ago so it has improved,but I have yet to sup anything better than the creamy pints we sampled in Tipperary (Eire) -  I'ts like a Kebab from Frank Canons or Greek salad it's just not the same.The Efes here in the UK is not the same    ;) but I put that down to not being in holiday mode looking accross Fethiye bay  8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 10:31:53 AM »
Phil has always said the Guinness served at International Rugby Matches in Scotland isreally good.
He was on a business trip last year in Ireland  and was taken to the Guinness Brewery in Dublin and said  the pint he had there was not a patch on the Guinness at Murrayfield.
He thinks that the Guinness served in The Crown pub in Belfast is really hard to beat, anyone going to Belfast should pay a visit to the Crown.   It is an old Victorian pub exactly how it would have looked in the Victorian era and even has private booths for you to enjoy you Irish stew and Guinness. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf